5 letter word with h a
2015.05.22 19:56 Kaibakura onewordeach
Improv, one word at a time.
2008.12.27 00:35 krispykrackers I have an idea! 💡
IdeasForTheAdmins is a subreddit where you can submit ideas from your reddit feature wishlist for admin consideration. This is not an admin-run community, so we can't personally implement the ideas, but we will try and give our support!
2016.12.16 02:25 Lil_Bits Words that start with t
Words that begin with the letter t.
2023.03.29 05:00 After-Cell Musings on phonological working memory
I've noticed that in the average classroom, students results in literacy (including spoken literacy) correlate very strongly with the Non-word repetition test (NWRT - NWT).
I believe that phonological working memory cannot be trained, since any improvements are short term: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4968033/
I have noticed that high functioning autistic adults often have synthesia, but I believe that this is thought to be genetic, so I guess this is a dead-end?
In terms of keeping lessons multi-sensory, I believe that for reading especially, awareness of phonemes and rapid naming is paramount, but can awareness of mouth positions be helpful to support this process?
My basic idea here is that I'm wondering if other senses can retrain PWM.
Have you got any more keywords to help me search for info on this?
As an aside, if you are aware of teaching methods that don't use any spoken or written language because of memory problems, please let me know.
submitted by After-Cell
to slp [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 05:00 Breyll Eternals - NA PvP Server Wiping on Wednesday 3/29 (Trios)
- Server is scheduled to wipe On Wednesday 3/29 at 6 PM EST. The server gets very full in the first few days, so come and join the coppa action! We have a good mix of casual and experienced players.
- Shards are delayed (will be released on Sunday)
- Certain bosses will be timegated (Octavian and all the bosses beyond will be locked until Friday). This gives people an opportunity to catch up and not to fall behind.
The game IP is: 22.214.171.124:29900
Discord : https://discord.gg/4ttNp34g
- No racism, homophobia, sexism, or anything negatively attacking an individual or group of people.
- No hostility or spamming in the voice or text channels.
- 1 Castle Heart per Clan
- NO BASE-BLOCKING
- No griefing (Killing others 10 levels below your gearscore) except for higher loot areas such as Church of the Damned, Dunley Monastery, Cursed Forest, and Silverlight.
- No Waygate Camping or Boss Camping
- Castle Sieging - Absolutely no 3rd party teaming while a siege is ongoing. A siege starts when a golem is placed near a castle. You are to not interfere in ANY siege until the castle goes from red, back to normal.
- Teaming with players outside of your clan to attack, defend, or hunt players is not allowed. This includes open world, as well as Castle Sieges.
- Temporary Clanning - Users are not allowed to join/leave multiple clans to do activities with. This includes sieging castles, open pvp, bossing, etc. However, you are free to kill VBloods, and other NPC's with other players, as long as you are not leaving/joining clans.
1 SHARD PER CLAN
10 Day Wipes SHARDS DELAYED RELEASE - Released 4 day after server wipe (in this case, on Sunday)
Raids - 8pm - 10pm (EST)
Castle settings are 1 heart per clan, 5 servants at max level.
Most of these settings are open to change on the next wipe via polls! Please visit the discord to review the game info, polls, and current rules!
submitted by Breyll
to vrising [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:59 pilfecapskcab Advice on 7.1.X vs 5.1.X in new build Media?
Hi! We are currently going through a new build process and are having to decide through the builder on Multimedia options for the Media room. I have attached a picture of the room (15’ x 12’3).
The doors are unfortunate but I’m wondering if I could get some advice on what you think the optimal setup would be and if we should go for 5.1.X or 7.1.X (with X being either 2 or 4). Ideally, we would have ~120” UST Projector on the bottom wall with a U shape couch on the opposite wall. Wife would probably prefer it backed up to the wall but I can likely convince moving it off 1-2 feet. All of the speakers would be in-wall or in-ceiling.
What other information would be useful to know? Any advice helps - Thanks! Image of room dimension/layout
submitted by pilfecapskcab
to hometheater [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:59 AutoModerator [Latest] Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator (updated)
Contact me to get Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator by chatting me on +44 759 388 2116 on Telegram/Whatsapp.
I have Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator.
Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator course is one of the best products on how to start a marketing agency.
Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator includes over 50 hours of step-by-step training covering EVERY
aspect of building an agency from scratch. This is almost a plug & play system with enough success stories to back it up! Signing clients, running Facebook ads, building out your team, on-boarding clients, invoicing, sales... this course has everything
covered for you.
The topics inside Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator course include:
- Agency Navigator course Core Curriculum
- Custom E-Learning Platform For Agency Owners
- Financial Planner, Revenue Calculator, Outreach Tracker & More Tools
- Websites Templates, Funnels, Ads & More
- Template Contracts, Sales Scripts, Agreements & More
The lessons in Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator will teach you how to: - Starting Your Agency - Finding Leads - Signing Clients - Getting Paid - Onboarding Clients - Managing Client Communication... ...and much, much more!
To get Iman Gadzhi - Agency Navigator contact me on: Whatsapp/Telegram: +44 759 388 2116 Reddit DM to u/RequestCourseAccess Email: silverlakestore[@]yandex.com (remove the brackets)
submitted by AutoModerator
to ImanAgencyNavig [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:59 SonyPlaystationKid05 Help to enable hybrid mode with a black screen after vbios flash in ultimate mode (dgpu only mode) I cant connect to a monitor nor can i switch to igpu
2023.03.29 04:59 StepwiseUndrape574 GTA 6: Rumors, Leaks, and Speculations
The anticipation for GTA 6 has been building up for years now, and with each passing day, new rumors, leaks, and speculations emerge about the game. Some sources claim that the game is currently in development, while others argue that it's still in the planning phase.
One of the most popular rumors is that the game will be set in Vice City, the fictional version of Miami, Florida. This is based on some leaked information from a supposed insider who claimed to have worked on the game. However, this has not been confirmed by any official source.
Another rumor suggests that the game will have a female protagonist, which would be a first for the franchise. While this is an exciting prospect, it's important to take this information with a grain of salt until it's confirmed by the developers.
There have also been speculations about the release date of the game, with some sources claiming that it could be as early as 2022, while others argue that it won't be released until 2025 or later.
As always, it's important to remember that rumors and leaks should be taken with a grain of salt. The only official information we have about GTA 6 is that it's in development, and until Rockstar Games confirms anything else, everything else should be considered speculation.
GTA 5 Modder 👑 Buy gta 5 accounts http://Furymodz.com
// Fortnite // GTA 5 Accounts, Mods 💎 Creator on Patreon: http://patreon.com/furymodz
submitted by StepwiseUndrape574
to gta5moddedoutfits_ [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:58 lirialefey Please vet your psychic readers, vs going for whoever is available. There are scammers out there.
Have you guys ever thought about choosing a tarot reader wisely? It's not just about finding someone who can read the cards, but also someone whose vibe and ethics click with you. When you connect with a reader who feels good, you'll be more open and comfortable during the reading. But if something feels off, the reading may not be helpful or might even leave you feeling anxious.
Another thing to consider is the guides the reader connects with. They often communicate with their spirit guides or other beings to get messages for you. It's important to make sure their guides align with your beliefs and values. If you're not comfortable with their guides, it may be hard to trust their advice and guidance.
Also, there's an energetic exchange that happens during a reading. It's important to set boundaries and expectations beforehand so that both parties feel respected and comfortable. Remember that the reader is there to offer guidance and insight, but you always have the power to make your own choices in life.
Lastly, words have a lot of power over our lives. The energy of our thoughts and words can influence our reality and create self-fulfilling prophecies. When you get a tarot reading, view it as a tool to gain insight into your life, not a prediction of the future. By using the advice and guidance to make positive changes in your life, you can take control of your destiny and create the future you want.
submitted by lirialefey
to tarot [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:58 SonyPlaystationKid05 Help to enable hybrid mode with a black screen after vbios flash in ultimate mode (dgpu only mode) I cant connect to a monitor nor can i switch to igpu
2023.03.29 04:57 rpg-maniac rpgmaniac’s in depth D4 review&feedback after playing 44h during beta
I will start by saying that I despise D3 & haven't play a Blizzard game since SC2, my history with Blizzard games goes like this Diablo->StarCraft->Diablo2->StarCraft2-> THE END
For many-many years D3 was my most anticipated game, when the game was close to release I could spot from a mile way that this was not the game I had in mind & will definitely not be something I would like to play & that was the case in the end, D3 was by far the biggest disappointment I had in my life as a gamer till now, needless to say I skipped it & act like it never happen.
Forward to D4 Open Beta, I would be honest here although the game looked nice I was almost certain that I wont like it for various reasons, so you could say I was somewhat biased before even start playing, well let me tell you although I could find many things I thought needs improvement the devs at Blizzard who crafted this game manage to give me a hard slap in the face & make me admit how wrong I was, yep I never expected to say this but I was wrong because D4 have been crafted exceptionally & the potential for what is going to become in the future is literally limitless.
During the beta I lived and breathed D4, I played for about 44 hours (check this to get an idea https://i.ibb.co/cFCRKM9/Screenshot082.jpg
) apart from sleeping and eating I did nothing but play the game trying to see as much as possible, if the game wasn't fun, if I wasn't having fun playing there is no way I would have spent that many hours playing a game in such a short time, & that is the biggest proof that D4 is fun, so the developers imo can be proud because they created a fun game & I'm sure the majority out there agree with that sentiment.
Anyway let's move on with my review, I'm going to split this review in 3 sections, THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THE GAME, THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE AS MUCH OR AT ALL & IMO NEED IMPROVEMENT, THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE FUTURE THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN TO PLAY.
So without further ado: THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THE GAME
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE AS MUCH OR AT ALL & IMO NEED IMPROVEMENT
- The Game Looks Gorgeous, the visuals & the art direction is on point, exactly how a Diablo game should look like, with that I mean gritty & gory also realistic & serious, so huge props to those responsible for this aspect of the game, they really did an amazing job.
- The Atmosphere, everything is dark & grim, there is people in distress everywhere, people in need of help, you go out of town & you find either people frozen because there were caught on a blizzard, massacred bodies that were eaten by wild beasts, so many other such examples but the atmosphere feels nice, also I liked especially the icy theme & the heavy blizzard out of towns in the first region of the game.
- The Sound Design, there is nothing more to say here other than to give my highest praise to the sound design team because they truly did an amazing job & there is nothing to complain about.
- The Combat, the combat feels really nice (as long you change the combined move+interact+basic attack all-in-one button from the options, else it feels clunky) I had a great time slaying thousands & thousands of mobs while grinding dungeons or taking part on events out in the world map, it felt smooth & neither fast or slow, just perfect somewhere in the middle, it felt really good can't find anything to complain about.
- The Campaign & the Cutscenes, let's put those two together as they are essentially part of the same thing, the main story, at least what we had the chance to experience on the first zone, looks really nice & I enjoyed it while playing, there is ofc some parts of it that I liked more than others, but it was enjoyable for the most part & I definitely looking forward to see more of it, also the cutscenes in some cases were made in exceptionally way that definitely elevate the presentation to the viewers.
- The Side Quests, now who would guess that I'm gonna like the side quests of all things on an MMO, I play MMORPGs for the past 20 years more or less & the side quests was never something I enjoyed doing because they are always terrible made & feel like a chore, well I think that more than half of the side quests I did in D4 was fun & interesting because they were carefully crafted & they were really well made, they didn't feel like side quests to be honest but more like a part of the main story.
- The Transmog/Wardrobe system, I loved this, it's straight 10/10 & I would like to see any game company include this kind of system on their game in the future, it's perfect I love everything about it because it offers so much customization & freedom to alter how your character looks & stuff like that is always welcome.
- The Cinematics, well those are always top-notch on any Blizzard game but I had to say it anyway, especially the intro, the first trailer we saw deserve to get some awards, definitely.
- Monster Level Scaling, before I tried the beta I was against this but then I played the game & I was constantly thinking every time I was roaming some before low level area "if not for monster level scaling this area would have low level mobs that would pose no threat to me & I couldn't get any valuable drops out of them whatsoever..." in short it would happen what usually happen on any mmorpg, all low level areas become useless after a point when your level is high enough & there is no point to revisit all those low level areas anymore, also there is one more reason I liked monster level scaling & I thought this kind of feature suit a game like Diablo perfectly, because it would be anticlimactic to exiting a town & every mob you are facing is low level scrap, if that happen it would definitely ruin the atmosphere that this world is bloody dangerous & there is things out there that wanna murder you & eat you alive, & it's very important to feel that way at all times else the game won't feel as fun anymore, at least not for me.
- Cursed Treasure Chest & Cursed Shrine events, I really like those they have a nice surprise element, instead of getting loot or buffs you get a swarm of mobs in your face, fun mechanic.
- Legendary Aspect System, the fact that every legendary item found in the game has a kind of super mod, which can be extracted and transferred to any item we desire in order to help perfect the kind of character we are trying to build, is something really awesome & I liked that idea very much, especially when you consider that those Aspect mods have also quality levels like any other mod in the game, that means that you are not only searching for an Aspect you need & once you found it that's it, you want it to have good rolls also & that add to the RNG level & that means that there is something more for us to looking forward to when we are out there hunting for loot.
- Sorceress Ice Spells, I played a Blizzard Sorceress during the beta (here a link to some gameplay if anyone wanna check how my character plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZV7S6uUB5M) & I really liked how ice spells look, especially Frost Nova & Blizzard, & I also liked very much how Frozen enemies look, the devs did a really good job with the ice element.
THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN THE FUTURE THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN TO PLAY
- The Bosses, there is a few good ones but for the most part the bosses have many flaws from their mechanics, the level of challenge they offer, even their looks for many of them, they are not good enough also there is many similar looking ones on some dungeons that look like they devs copy/paste them everywhere, & also one great flaw over all regardind the bosses is that they are not memorable, there is many memorrable bosses on past Diablo games but I didn't felt that for the bosses I fought on D4, they seem generic & lack identity, the devs definitely need to do more on that front, we would like to have some scary, challenging & memorrable bosses for D4 please.
- Skills Customization, this is more or less something most people who played the game agree I think, there is not enough stuff on the skill tree to build really unique characters & have in mind I'm not saying in any way that I would like to see PoE level of depth but there is a middle ground to be found & I think the devs can do much more to offer to players another layer of depth to customize their build, for example why there is no way to alter our skills & what they do although so many people asked for something like that repeatedly in the feedback we gave? why there is no way for example to change Ice Shard from a single row projectile spell to multiple projectiles or to increase the AOE range of my Blizzard or Frost Nova? we need more options Blizzard, we want every skill to have a number of different options for us to choose from in order to be able to create our own truly unique build.
- Number of Active Skill Slots, it's way too limited atm, I couldn't get any ultimate skill because I couldn't remove any of my current skills from my skill bar because my build would be ruined if I did that, I suggest for two more skill slots if not two definetely one more else it would be impossible for most people to use an ultimate skill, who would choose to put a skill with a CD of 1 minute instead of something else that we would be able to use every few seconds or as often we want as long we have available resources to use? six are not enough Blizzard & most people agree with that, give us more options & don't limit the game to that extent, this could ruin the game for a lot of people you know.
- Randomness of the Dungeons Layout, I did so many dungeons during the beta & I left kind of disappointed with the level of randomness I experienced, most of the times it was long corridors with a few rooms left & right on your way or a long corridor that open up in a big room at the end that has two more corridors left & right like the letter T, those were the dungeons where we need to find some objects that help to open a door, this was the case for the majority of the dungeons I did during the beta & I can't say I liked that, on that aspect the game missed the point completely on how a procedural generation game suppose to be, if the layout of a dungeon is not random enough, if the layout doesn't feel completely different every time you enter, then it's not good enough, you never felt that way for example while playing D2 so on that aspect D4 falls short & completely miss the mark.
- Cellars, those super-mini dungeons (they are literary one room in size...) doesn't do it for me, for the most part it kept me wondering what's the point? it was nice when their purpose was to help progress some quest but aside from that to have them all over the map when they are not that fun to do & they doesn't offer any kind of challenge, since you need less than a minute to clear everything there is inside, so ye.. the devs imo need to overhaul this feature, it needs to be more challenging, it needs to be more rewarding, it needs to be worth doing else there is no point for it to be in the game, that's my opinion anyway.
- Lack of Unique Challenging Mobs, the game needs more tough & scary mobs to fight along with those packs of common & magic mobs we slay in large quantities to spice things up during grind, to offer some challenge, to offer that surprise factor we so much need to make grind more interesting & fun & to also offer to players the chance to get some sweet drops from them because at the end of the day that's what the game is all about, I speak for some kind of Elites, Champions, Mini-Bosses even, that kind of stuff, make them big, make them noticeable, make them scary, & finally make them able to put up a fight & make players feel that this is not a target you erase from your screen with a few push of a button & you move on to the next, but that's an enemy that needs a higher level of focus & effort on our part to put them down.
- Character Creation, the character creation didn't offer the amount of variety & options I would like to see myself & I fount it very lacking compare to what other games ussually offer, it didn't offer as many options in hairstyles, face types, hair colors, eye colors, & in general there was not as many options & it was impossible to create a character we have in our minds because our options are so limited, this btw would lead to the majority of players look exactly the same & that is not ok, that is actually really-really bad.
- Fonts, ok this might not sound as important for some, but for me reading dialogues from quests that are written with Arial font (here an example https://i.ibb.co/vZSZR9L/Screenshot037.jpg) ruin the immersion of the game, finding journals during grinding & presented with a story written on Arial font ruin the immersion of the game, watching Arial font all over my status window make me to always wonder WTF!? the devs were thinking when they decided to fill the game with Arial font on everything? did they really feel that this kind of font is fitting for a Diablo game? because there is lot's of people out there who can't fathom why they did that myself including...
- Skill Enhancing System, I would like to have the option to enhance/alter my skills in unique ways, to have the freedom to choose from a variety of options in order to create my own unique build, this is something the game needs atm as what the skill tree offer to players definitely lacks depth & there is no way to do what I'm talking about from inside the skill tree currently, compared to some other ARPGs it's really disappointing to see what the D4 devs created, especially since they received so much feedback from players years before the game's release & it seems they either never read it or just chose to ignore it.
- Vertically Based Dungeons, THIS-IS-THE-FUTURE-OF-DUNGEON-CRAWLERS, I experienced a few dungeons in the game where we had to climb down a ladder to a lower level & you already made the first step but let's take this to the next level, now imagine entering a simple dungeon like those we played during the beta but instead of the usual simplistic, small-scale layout we get a huge totally random maze-like map that aside from the ground floor it also has another 3-5 levels either underground or on the upper floors, & each floor has it's own unique boss, now something like that would be so fun to play & will really feel that I'm playing a next-gen dungeon crawler, an ARPG that has some unique, revolutionary design choices & doesn't feel like anything I've played in the past, Blizzard you are in the perfect spot right now to make that revolution happen, to differentiate yourself from the pack, give to nerds out there what they have only dreamed off till now.
- Secret/Hidden Doors/Rooms & Destroyable Walls, words can't express how much I love this kind of stuff, my enjoyment level would go up considerable if the dungeons in an ARPG offer this level of exploration, exploration is my thing & I can't enjoy a game if there is no secrets to find, if there is no meaning to carefully explore everything, if there is nothing interesting to discover, so put this kind of stuff in the game & make it worth it for us exploration-junkies although I'm certain that this is something anyone is going to love & it will make the game more fun to play for everyone.
- PvEvP Dungeon, something for PvX fans, now imagine a massive dungeon where 4 players enter at the same time & spawn at random locations, drop rate is boosted & you can really get some sweet loot inside this dungeon but PVP is always ON & you can't turn it OFF, also in case a player kill you everything in your inventory drop in the floor, doesn't this sound like something that would be really fun to play? for me it sure does!
submitted by rpg-maniac
to diablo4 [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:57 fml_pro AITA For Giving My Mom The Wrong Start Time For My Wife I Can't Trust Her After She Didn't Text Me About Your Day.
The call went on for a few months I've really tried to tell anybody because his words not mine they are only pregnant with the organization. Nurses for the same attitude as Jack.
I plan to get my thoughts out vent . I have tried as best they can get their energy out with regularly again!
submitted by fml_pro
to subreddit_simulacrum [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:57 illusiveconsistence I'm a US-CAD Dual Citizen and can only invest in US-Listed ETFs. How do I save on currency exchange fees?
I only have three ideas at the moment. Otherwise, I'll need to pay 1.5% to convert CAD to USD for the conversion fee through TD Bank. Any ideas?
- KnightbridgeFX: KnightbridgeFX is a foreign exchange company that allows you to convert CAD to USD. They typically offer better exchange rates than traditional banks and charge lower fees. The exact percentage you'll save will depend on the amount you're converting and the current exchange rate, but you can generally expect to save anywhere from 0.5% to 2% compared to a traditional bank.
- TransferWise: TransferWise is an online money transfer service that allows you to convert currency at the mid-market rate with a transparent fee structure. They charge a small percentage-based fee on top of the mid-market rate, typically ranging from 0.5% to 1%. However, TransferWise doesn't support Norbert's Gambit, so you won't be able to take advantage of the potentially lower fees associated with that method.
- Norbert's Gambit: Norbert's Gambit is a method for converting CAD to USD that involves buying and selling stocks in different currencies. It's a more complex method than using a foreign exchange company or TransferWise, and there are some risks involved. If you're comfortable with the process, you could potentially save money on fees by using this method. However, the savings can vary widely depending on the specific stocks and market conditions. It's difficult to provide a specific percentage range, but the potential savings could be significant.
submitted by illusiveconsistence
to investing [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:57 twoleggedapocalypse I understand this mathematically, but not conceptually. Can someone explain the relationship of acidity with pH? (Altius)
submitted by twoleggedapocalypse to Mcat [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:57 ShadowOfGed88 Subreddit Stats: programming top posts from 2022-03-28 to 2023-03-27 01:29 PDT
Period: 363.38 days
| ||Submissions ||Comments |
|Total ||1000 ||183379 |
|Rate (per day) ||2.75 ||502.13 |
|Unique Redditors ||596 ||37270 |
|Combined Score ||1067824 ||3114907 |
Top Submitters' Top Submissions
- 49330 points, 49 submissions: IsDaouda_Games
- Gitee, China’s answer to GitHub, to review all code by temporarily closing open-source projects to the public (2797 points, 371 comments)
- GitHub can now auto-block commits containing API keys, auth tokens (2626 points, 159 comments)
- Cloudflare mitigates 26 million request per second DDoS attack (2612 points, 222 comments)
- NVIDIA Transitioning To Official, Open-Source Linux GPU Kernel Driver (2303 points, 112 comments)
- Hackers find 122 vulnerabilities — 27 deemed critical — during first round of DHS bug bounty program (2138 points, 84 comments)
- Dear Europe, here again are the reasons why scanning devices for unlawful files is not going to fly (2108 points, 390 comments)
- A Google Cloud employee set a new record calculating the 100 trillionth digit of pi (2053 points, 366 comments)
- Nearly 100,000 NPM Users' Credentials Stolen in GitHub OAuth Breach (1985 points, 406 comments)
- IBM says it will have thousands of quantum computers for sale by 2025 (1905 points, 361 comments)
- Computing Expert Says Programmers Need More Math Quanta Magazine (1729 points, 633 comments)
- 23717 points, 28 submissions: feross
- Firefox rolls out Total Cookie Protection by default to all users (3403 points, 242 comments)
- Python 3.11 is up to 10-60% faster than Python 3.10 (2110 points, 318 comments)
- You can't buy a Raspberry Pi right now. Why? (1955 points, 589 comments)
- Why Twitter didn’t go down (from a real Twitter SRE) (1879 points, 661 comments)
- In praise of ffmpeg (1866 points, 251 comments)
- GOV.UK drops jQuery from their front end. (1742 points, 305 comments)
- Apple's Swift rewrite of its Foundation framework will be open source (1241 points, 112 comments)
- Hackers Claim They Breached T-Mobile More Than 100 Times in 2022 (962 points, 68 comments)
- Fake Emergency Search Warrants Draw Scrutiny from Capitol Hill (942 points, 129 comments)
- See what JS commands get injected through an in-app browser on iOS (916 points, 111 comments)
- 23337 points, 24 submissions: speckz
- NSA urges orgs to use memory-safe programming languages - C/C++ on the bench, as NSA puts its trust in Rust, C#, Go, Java, Ruby and Swift (4158 points, 834 comments)
- How we reduced our annual server costs by 80% — from $1M to $200k — by moving away from AWS (3469 points, 621 comments)
- Someone is pretending to be me. (1868 points, 172 comments)
- "http://http://http://@http://http://?http://#http://" is a legitimate URL (1780 points, 174 comments)
- Coding Mistake Made Intel GPUs 100X Slower in Ray Tracing (1773 points, 174 comments)
- This Program is Illegally Packaged in 14 Distributions (1257 points, 431 comments)
- gum: A tool for glamorous shell scripts 🎀 (1248 points, 70 comments)
- Devs don’t want to do ops (1176 points, 529 comments)
- Working in the software industry, circa 1989 - Gather round while I tell a tale of old. (1065 points, 119 comments)
- Maybe you should do less 'work' (903 points, 199 comments)
- 22839 points, 24 submissions: iamkeyur
- Peter Eckersley has died (3162 points, 143 comments)
- 20 Things I’ve Learned in my 20 Years as a Software Engineer (2312 points, 341 comments)
- Please, stop disabling zoom (2269 points, 449 comments)
- I fucking hate Jira (2022 points, 662 comments)
- AWS switch from gzip to zstd – about 30% reduction in compressed S3 storage (1927 points, 155 comments)
- How I Experience the Web Today (1793 points, 262 comments)
- There are no open issues or pull requests on Flask (1480 points, 298 comments)
- How to Professionally Say (1414 points, 230 comments)
- The Julia language has a number of correctness flaws (838 points, 270 comments)
- My business card runs Linux (773 points, 85 comments)
- 16994 points, 23 submissions: fagnerbrack
- Stop lying to yourself – you will never “fix it later” (2084 points, 234 comments)
- How I’m a Productive Programmer With a Memory of a Fruit Fly (1607 points, 123 comments)
- Weezer's Lead Singer is still strong coding (1555 points, 161 comments)
- The regex comma dash dot [,-.] (1343 points, 223 comments)
- The Code Review Pyramid (1032 points, 118 comments)
- The Basics of how QR codes work (970 points, 66 comments)
- The saddest "Just Ship It" story ever (968 points, 249 comments)
- Building a website like it's 1999... in 2022 (938 points, 171 comments)
- Headway is a self-hosted alternative to Google Maps which supports 200+ cities across the globe (894 points, 115 comments)
- The overengineered Solution to my Pigeon Problem (884 points, 67 comments)
- 10459 points, 4 submissions: DonutAccomplished422
- Italy declares Google Analytics illegal (7252 points, 485 comments)
- Vodafone to introduce persistent user tracking (1717 points, 220 comments)
- US data transfer unlawful according to German procurement authority (1221 points, 181 comments)
- Finland is the latest EU country to crack down on Google Analytics (269 points, 35 comments)
- 9327 points, 5 submissions: DrinkMoreCodeMore
- ChatGPT Passes Google Coding Interview for Level 3 Engineer With $183K Salary (3952 points, 643 comments)
- Typst, a modern alternative to LaTeX, is now open source (2693 points, 383 comments)
- The yaml document from hell (1515 points, 298 comments)
- The forgotten mistake that killed Japan’s software industry (859 points, 219 comments)
- Cppfront, Herb Sutter's proposal for a new C++ syntax (308 points, 107 comments)
- 8836 points, 1 submission: DeeplyIncomparable99
- “There should never be coding exercises in technical interviews. It favors people who have time to do them. Disfavors people with FT jobs and families. Plus, your job won’t have people over your shoulder watching you code.” My favorite hot take from a panel on 'Treating Devs Like Human Beings.' (8836 points, 1395 comments)
- 8572 points, 4 submissions: mitousa
- I spent a year building a desktop environment that runs in the browser (4978 points, 429 comments)
- My web-based desktop project just passed 250k users and it all started here at /programming. Thank you for everything! (2786 points, 207 comments)
- Forth: The programming language that writes itself (473 points, 99 comments)
- Announcing “Code” 2nd Edition (335 points, 28 comments)
- 8029 points, 1 submission: piotrkarczmarz
- "Software is a just a tool to help accomplish something for people - many programmers never understood that. Keep your eyes on the delivered value, and don't over focus on the specifics of the tools" - John Carmack (8029 points, 653 comments)
- AttackOfTheThumbs (9732 points, 741 comments)
- a_false_vacuum (7551 points, 128 comments)
- DemiPixel (7194 points, 10 comments)
- chucker23n (7072 points, 351 comments)
- L3tum (6735 points, 142 comments)
- 0OOO00000OO00O0O0OOO (6600 points, 150 comments)
- Nashesvobodnoye (5881 points, 1 comment)
- Worth_Trust_3825 (5709 points, 368 comments)
- dominik-braun (5228 points, 78 comments)
- renok_archnmy (4901 points, 143 comments)
- “There should never be coding exercises in technical interviews. It favors people who have time to do them. Disfavors people with FT jobs and families. Plus, your job won’t have people over your shoulder watching you code.” My favorite hot take from a panel on 'Treating Devs Like Human Beings.' by DeeplyIncomparable99 (8836 points, 1395 comments)
- "Software is a just a tool to help accomplish something for people - many programmers never understood that. Keep your eyes on the delivered value, and don't over focus on the specifics of the tools" - John Carmack by piotrkarczmarz (8029 points, 653 comments)
- Twitter Source Code Leaked on GitHub by geek_noob (7835 points, 774 comments)
- Nearly 40% of software engineers will only work remotely by Discovensco (7453 points, 1361 comments)
- Italy declares Google Analytics illegal by DonutAccomplished422 (7252 points, 485 comments)
- Terry Davis, an extremely talented programmer who was unfortunately diagnosed with schizophrenia, made an entire operating system in a language he made by himself, then compiled everything to machine code with a compiler he made himself. by BitPax (6700 points, 906 comments)
- StackOverflow to ban ChatGPT generated answers with possibly immediate suspensions of up to 30 days to users without prior notice or warning by 3urny (6633 points, 840 comments)
- Frontend developers: stop moving things that I’m about to click on by AJ12AY (6555 points, 573 comments)
- "Dev burnout drastically decreases when your team actually ships things on a regular basis. Burnout primarily comes from toil, rework and never seeing the end of projects." This was by far the the best lesson I learned this year and finally tracked down the the talk it was from. Hope it helps. by Difficult_Pop_7689 (6472 points, 321 comments)
- There aren't that many uses for blockchains by calp (6435 points, 2228 comments)
- 6466 points: DemiPixel's comment in ChatGPT Passes Google Coding Interview for Level 3 Engineer With $183K Salary
- 5881 points: Nashesvobodnoye's comment in I scraped 7M programming job offers for 8 months and here are the most demanded programming languages
- 4086 points: 3CN's comment in NSA urges orgs to use memory-safe programming languages - C/C++ on the bench, as NSA puts its trust in Rust, C#, Go, Java, Ruby and Swift
- 3876 points: blind3rdeye's comment in StackOverflow to ban ChatGPT generated answers with possibly immediate suspensions of up to 30 days to users without prior notice or warning
- 3718 points: Karenomegas's comment in Twitter Source Code Leaked on GitHub
- 3188 points: omnilynx's comment in You should be reading academic computer science papers
- 2575 points: ForSureLying's comment in How we reduced our annual server costs by 80% — from $1M to $200k — by moving away from AWS
- 2537 points: 3131961357's comment in Atlassian to cease all operations in Russia
- 2461 points: itijara's comment in Google announces a new OS written in Rust
- 2461 points: renok_archnmy's comment in Toyota Accidently Exposed A Secret Key Publicly On GitHub For Five Years
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
submitted by ShadowOfGed88
to subreddit_stats [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:57 I3--------D Science says that ...
| || | submitted by I3--------D to mmamemes [link] [comments]
There's a universe where McGreggor never left 145. Rematched with Aldo won. Rematched with Max won. Brain Ortega fight emerges, he wins. Frankie Edgar fight emerges, he wins. Yair emerges, he wins. Volk emerges, hard fought but wins both fights. In this universe, in the year 2023, Conor is the most popular person living. He's already reached 5 billion dollars from his uber successful whiskey Proper 12 because no one hates on him, ever. The night Conor's fourth movie comes out, co-starring Johnny Depp, Floyd looses his biggest fight ever the Pacquiao rematch. Conor was supposed to take the fight, but couldn't because it conflicted with his movie schedule. This summer he moves up in weight to "challenge" himself against Islam Mahkachev -- whom became the Champion when he choked out Khabib in round 4.
2023.03.29 04:57 grundlecrumbler Did I blow this game or just get highrolled out of the lobby?
| || |
Died on turn nine, the turn before patient scout was 2 six drops. Got a Geomancer turn 1, which got me three blood gems. Got a poetic pen pal turn 3, bought it and buffed it with gems for tempo. Got a triple scout in shop turn 4, bought 2 and kept hero powering pen pal. Got my buddy turn 5 for free, tripled scout into a wargear for tempo. Stayed on 3 and got a felemental and a smogger. Took 15 to a malygos who had double boombox and kangor’s. Turn 6 I leveled to 4 and kept playing for as much tempo as I could. Took 15 more to a Lich who went 4 on 4. Stayed on 4 and tripled buddy for the bristleback, cycled a couple balls, and died to arranna with a party/molten rock build. Should I have taken 2 five drops? Was scout bait? Is this board actually weaker than I think it is for turn 7? Or did I just get shit matchups for an eighth? submitted by grundlecrumbler to BobsTavern [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:56 Kman-Kool3315 Cruising Holland America Alone
I've been considering cruising with Holland America for a while, but not many of my friends are into the cruising sphere, so I decided to go at it alone. I know Holland America is a bit slower-paced than Carnival or Royal Caribbean, and usually, the company makes those slower cruises fun. Can anyone attest their experience to sailing alone with H.A.? Was it still enjoyable?
submitted by Kman-Kool3315
to HollandAmerica [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:56 ImagineTheHorror Been endulging in some kino
2023.03.29 04:56 GoliathRock9 [Recruiting] TheMaroonSpoons (#9P098JRQ) Non -Rushed TH10+ Clan Level 17 Crystal III Semi-Casual War Clan Come Grow With Us! RCS Verified
Clan Entry Requirements and Rules:
- Must apply on our Discord server - https://discord.gg/XTQ6cc5
- ALL Non-Rushed Town Halls 10+ Accepted!
- 1000 Clan Games points minimum
- Members who choose to opt in for war must use both attacks
- Have fun and enjoy the game!
- We like to war on a daily basis, but warring is NOT mandatory and we allow members to war with one hero down.
- We do not have any war performance requirements, however, using both attacks is mandatory if opted in!
- For CWL, participants must sign up on discord, and our leadership team puts together our strongest 15-man roster. Each player always gets at least 5 attacks for the full 10 stars.
We Like a Player Who:
- Enjoys the game and loves to war
- Likes to grow and develop
- Wishes to become part of a family
- Seeks promotion through contribution
We can offer YOU:
- A healthy and thriving community with strong donations
- Stable leadership focused on helping the clan grow together
- 1100+ raid medals each raid weekend
- MAX Clan Games rewards
- Discord chat and bots
We hope to see you soon! Please feel free to contact us on Discord with any questions, comments, or concerns!
submitted by GoliathRock9
to ClashOfClansRecruit [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:55 LifelikeAnt420 Moms are always wrong 🙄
I forgot this was coming tbh and I'm surprised it started now. I don't understand why no matter what we as mothers do we are always in the wrong. I'm so tired of it. My partner and I agreed that it makes more sense for rmee to stay home with the baby instead of going back to work right away since I work part time, we can't afford the childcare costs and tbh I don't want to go back. I mentioned I'm not going back to work right away to some people when me going back is brought up and already they have been making comments like I am a bad mom 🙄 but when I was thinking about going back and taking care of my child at the same time (FTM and WFH so I actually believed what people were saying until I realized how unrealistic that is) I had people telling me how ill miss out on baby's early years. They are only little once.
I'm so angry and bothered and I wish it wasn't so late so I could tell my grandma off for acting like this. She called me earlier and when I told her, AGAIN, that I wasn't going back she said "Well life doesn't always work out the way you want it to". Like wth is that supposed to mean? Like this is what we are doing, we planned it out, did the math, he just got a raise and makes enough to afford everything. My PT money just provided us with room for "extra" in our budget. It will suck not having extra and it won't be easy, times will get rough sure, but what alternative do we have? I love earning money for myself, if I had family I trust with my child close by I'd say sure, come over and watch baby while I work for a couple hours. I can't give baby the attention he needs while also working. Yet I guarantee if I said I was going back the same people would be saying again how I'm going to regret this and it's going to be too much to juggle. I'm home alone a lot, partner travels for work. Between the home, the baby, and the high maintenance dog I have my hands full. I don't need these people or my job.
This is just what's driving me nuts tonight, idk I can't sleep I'm so freaking mad. Baby is going to be here any time now since I'm in my last 3.5 weeks, I just know more judgement is coming and no matter what I do I will always be wrong. Really makes me want to cut the whole world off and be a hermit. /Endrant
submitted by LifelikeAnt420
to pregnant [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:55 stem_crusty What's the fastest way to beat in a disc?
Disclaimer up front because I know someone is going to say it
I don't play tournaments, I don't plan on playing tournaments, I'm not concerned with the letter of the PDGA law.
I do however like to chuck some plastic with my buddies, and in the interest of improving my game, I'd like to simplify what I bag a bit. I understand this is commonly done by carrying multiple examples of a single mold in various stages of wear, and I've certainly come to lean on a couple discs that have been in my bag for a number of years now.
That being said, is there any way to speed up this process? There are a couple of molds I've become very fond of since seeing some form improvements, but I do not have as many opportunities to play as I would like and beating them in is taking an age.
SO, any tips or tricks to help things along? Throwing them at a wall? Running over them with my car? Belt sander? Surf the used bin? Is it even a physical process, or is time and UV damage the secret sauce?
I do love the natural patina and don't expect that to be replicated, but I'll be damned if they aren't making these things out of way tougher stuff these days.
Give me your thoughts! I promise I won't tell your TD
submitted by stem_crusty
to discgolf [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:55 Spare_Math where all the naval people at in the evenings?
i get home from work at midnight every night and usually play war thunder for a few hours before i crash. however whenever I try to queue up for low BR naval it says theres only like 5 people waiting in queue. 💀 i legit cannot do my naval trees hahaha.
im on east coast US and only have US servers selected, im wondering if i put on european servers if that would drastically affect my latency? any east coasters with experience playing EU?
submitted by Spare_Math
to Warthunder [link] [comments]
2023.03.29 04:54 Withering_Glory I wish people understood
That when they don’t text me back or text me for a few days after texting with me many times every day for a long time, it literally feels like they’ve completely abandoned me and hate me, and that being abandoned by them in particular feels like all the hope and peace and joy and safety in the world and existence has been sucked out of it and I am dying in a miserably infinite dark void of horrible emotions now. I wish there was a way to convey the intensity of that to them without seeming like a needy crazy person to them, prompting them to respond in a further triggering way, to which I can’t imagine not responding back to with the words and actions of a totally desperate madman. I wish they knew what it was like, or that I could tell them without them thinking I’m a bad person, in turn triggering me to give them reason (in their mind) to continue thinking exactly that about me.
submitted by Withering_Glory
to BorderlinePDisorder [link] [comments]