Family pet cd juarez
I can't do this anymore
2023.05.31 18:09 tmancny81 I can't do this anymore
I've been suffering for the last 3 months with no diagnosis(other than gastritis during an upper endoscopy and depression/anxiety). Doctors keep admitting me to the psych ward and telling me that I just have anxiety and depression. I call bullshit. Back in December I was a happy, healthy 41 year old guy that went to the gym everyday and loved life and was funny and intelligent. I had a loving marriage and a nice home with a good job.
In January my wife told me that she had met someone. She put me through two months of high stress and put me into a deep depression. In March right before she was to leave me I caught COVID and haven't been the same since. I'm not sure if I am getting the double whammy from both or what the hell is happening with me. Also last year my mom died, my pet died, and I had to deal with a super painful anal fistula. What I am going through now is much worse.
I've had terrible insomnia since then, I used to sleep like a baby every night. My head/brain feels like it's under attack all the time or screaming for help. I'm not sure how to describe it. It doesn't feel right at all, like it is going a million miles an hour, not with thought but with feeling. It's very painful. It always wants me to run from any excitement. I have a constant shaking. Feels like my head is bobbing to my heartbeat and I have tremors. I have terrible digestion issues with gas, bloating , reflux, constipation to diarrhea, and strange pains. I've lost 35 pounds in two months even though I am eating. I also have a nose that reacts to everything now and my skin is doing the same thing. My nose runs when I eat anything, it fills up with clear mucus that I have to blow all the time, sometimes it fills with white mucus that I have to clean out all day. I'm having very strange issues with my ears and throat as well. Ears cracking and popping, throat always hurts. I literally feel like an alien with all these things that don't make sense. I have pains from head to toe and not sure if they are real or not. My vision is blurry and much worse without my glasses than it used to be. My eyes always burn and feel dry no matter what I do. I can't even read the alarm clock anymore at night.I have crawling sensations all over, especially on my back along with biting sensations. I seem to be way too aware of my body. I have zero energy and constant fatigue. I'm always dizzy especially when I first stand up. I literally urinate like 20 times a day now including like 5 times in the night and it's always a ton. I'm not drinking that much.
As for mental issues. I have memory issues now, they feel like a million years ago or like they weren't real. I couldn't remember where things were at first or how to get places. My brain doesn't process like it used to. I can't find words all the time. I seem to know less than I used to. I have a constant feeling of fear and always feel like I am dying. I have very bad depression that Effexor isn't touching. I'm on week 4 now. Everything started before I started this med just an fyi. I don't feel like I am living in my own body and mind. It's an awful feeling. I no longer have the ability to laugh or be happy. My face is so tight I can't even smile. It seems like the only emotions I have are anger, fear, and sadness. I have this strange feeling telling me that I can't do things all the time. I have to really push myself to do anything. I no longer have a sex drive or can climax. This started before the Effexor as well. My concentration level is zero and I am not able to relax. I have a lessened grip on reality.
I have had a ton of tests, including a brain MRI and EEG and they were clear. All blood work is good and vitals are good. I have fired my Dr for not trying harder or even referring me to a neurologist. He first thought maybe stress reactivated hsv 1 or ebv and it went to my brain. Antivirals did nothing. Then he thought it's all anxiety. He and the psych Drs keep throwing scary meds at me that I seem to be immune to. They are convinced this is all anxiety. They tried Xanax, Valium, Klonopin, Seroquel, Olanzapine, prazosin, to name a few. I don't want to take this shit. Before all this I was on Celexa and Trazadone only for many years. I haven't worked since February, been on disability. Supposed to go back tomorrow since it has run out. I'm not sure they are going to want to deal with me, I have become a very weird and scary person. My family doesn't believe what I am going through at all. They are supportive but think it's all in my head. I will admit I really miss my wife a lot and everything reminds me of her, but there is more going on here. I've lost my house and am living in a tiny apartment since I can barely take care of myself anymore.
I have written my goodbye letter for the day I decide to give up. The head feeling and the weird shaking is too much to handle for much longer let alone the rest of the bullshit. It is all day and all night. I don't believe anxiety is 24/7. I think something is being missed. Either COVID unleashed something or did direct damage or I have lost my mind from shock of wife leaving and I am not on the right meds. My family has been there for me since this started, they just are not getting it and taking the Drs sides. I don't want to hurt them, I am just not sure how much longer I can take this. I'm afraid of going to hell, but it seems something is trying to get me to kill myself. I had two other episodes in my life similar to this, but not nearly as bad and there was no head problems or shaking going on. Those resolved on their own with no diagnosis. This is much worse. I used to love sports and Fall/Halloween, movies, music, reading, sex, video games. I don't care about anything anymore other than getting back to normal. I get no pleasure from anything. My mind's reward system is not working at all. I'm lost as to what to do.
I feel I had a great 14 year long marriage to a woman who loved me like crazy and I loved her and still do. I have a caring family. I had mostly a good life if you take out 2001, 2005, 2006, 2022, 2023. 36 years is more than some get in this world. It seems I should have a lot of life, love, and fun left, but whatever this is doesn't seem to be getting better or inclined to kill me. So my resolve and fight is wearing thin. Being in pain all day and night is no way to live.
submitted by tmancny81
to SuicideWatch [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 18:03 lunar-sunset I desperately want a pet
I want a cat so bad man. Grew up with a cat, and I miss having a friendly little ball of fuzz around :( I've had rats and I'd love to have some again, but they're too expensive for me right now. I could comfortably afford a cat, and our appartment is big enough for one, and we have amazing outdoors areas i could take it for walks in. I'm just so dang depressed and disfunctional and I struggle to keep it super tidy. One part of me bets that if having a messy apprtment = hazard for precious baby I'd manage, but man. What if I can't? I don't have a lot of energy and some days (most, lately) I can barely feed myself twice a day and clean up after.
Leaving the family cat and dog behind when moving was probably the hardest thing abt moving, save from leaving my brother behind.
I don't want to make things harder on my partner, he does so so much for me, without complaint, but he has enough on his plate!!
I know a pet would do me wonders but agh. I'm so torn :( What sparked this thing into existence again is that my friends landlord found 7 kittens and they need homes in a couple of weeks. I just had my bday and I've saved up some money, and it would cover the starting expenses. Idk I just needed to get this out. My mother thinks its a bad idea, my mom friend thinks its a good idea and shes logical and reliable and probably knows me better than anyone.. my bf is willing to take no responsability so it'd be my cat and I'm totally onboard with that.
Thank you for reading, sorry it got so long and if it was disjointed, ive been crying lmao. Any input would be warmly welcomed💖
submitted by lunar-sunset
to AutismInWomen [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 18:01 Born-NG-1995 The Search for Snake River Walkthrough
We are in Part 3 of the Oregon Trail saga. (Here are links for Parts 1
.) To know what to do, read the entire section below.
Having left Devil's Gate, you and your family are headed to South Pass, where you'll enter Oregon Territory. At "nooning" (your midday rest), Caleb, the captain sends you and his children, Joseph and Eliza, to find a resting spot. As you rest by the Pacific Springs, Caleb announces that you'll be reaching the Parting of the Ways. He explains that your options will be to continue your trail to Fort Bridger or take the Greenwood Cutoff. You should continue your trail to Fort Bridger.
While your family sets up camp, you and Joseph go to collect sagebrush. In this area, known as Little Sandy Crossing, grass and fuel are scarce. As you return to the train, you notice a Native American settlement, where the Shoshone live. You eat baked beans (seasoned with bacon) and pan bread. You fall asleep reading a (worn) copy of Gulliver's Travels
, but in the early morning, you awake to the sound of a guard's alarm, yelling that you have been robbed of a cow and two horses! Joseph tells you that one of the groups you saw last night must be responsible and he's going to spy on them. He tells you to cover for him if anyone asks. You get the choice of telling Pa where Joseph is going or going after Joseph. Pick the former.
Upon hearing of Joseph's plan to spy on the other camp, Pa tells Caleb. They go with two other men to track Joseph down. Joseph doesn't even look at you when you return, but Pa says that the other wagon train was in really bad shape itself and didn't take your animals. Ma asks about the missing animals, but Pa says to just forget about them. For the next couple of days, Joseph refuses to even look at you, but after a while, he admits that going off like that was a bad idea and that you were only looking out for him. You become friends again. The next day, you arrive at the infamous Green River Crossing, which, especially in the spring (when the snow melts and raises the water level), is known to be difficult to cross. The water is a little lower in July, but you still have to walk across the river on narrow gravel bars. Some mountain men have created a ferry, but they charge a fee. The area around the crossing is now a camping site. Caleb goes to ask how much the ferry will cost, but learns that it's being repaired, which will take at least four days. You're asked if you want to wait for the ferry or cross the river. The option to pick is to wait for the ferry.
Having heard many stories of pioneers falling into the Green River, almost everyone agrees with your suggestion to wait for the ferry. The banks make for a nice camping place, and Pa and Caleb help repair the ferry, helping it get finished a day sooner. When it's time to ride across, you sit in the wagon, holding the hands of your little brother and sister, Samuel and Hannah. While waiting for the train to get across, you, Joseph, and Eliza play a game of hide-and-seek. Samuel declares you to be it and runs. After counting to fifty, you see your dog, Archie, bark and run to a bunch of bushes. You follow him and see a baby antelope. Guessing it's been orphaned or abandoned, you ask Ma for milk to give it. Upon seeing the animal, Ma softens and gives you milk. The antelope becomes your new pet. You name her Gertrude and tie a ribbon around her neck. She travels with you when the wagon train moves. One afternoon, however, tragedy strikes: during your midday break, some dogs appear out of nowhere and chase after Gertrude. Two Lakota men on horses race after them. You run after them, yelling that she's yours, but they do not hear you. The dogs kill Gertrude and the men bring her back on a horse. After a talk with Pa, the men apologize for what happened and offer you deerskins in return. Do not accept them.
You tell Pa that you don't want the deerskins. Because the dogs didn't know that Gertrude was your antelope, you would feel bad taking anything from the Lakota. Pa tells that to the Lakota, and they ride away. Just after you start to hike again, however, they return, stating that they will travel as far as the next village. The men, whose names are Roaring Cloud and Bright Sky (father and son, respectively) point out various plants, telling you what's edible and what's used for making medicine (with Ma making notes in her journal). The Lakota disappear when you make camp, but return with a jackrabbit, which Ma prepares in a stew. After the meal, Roaring Cloud tells you Lakota legends, which you, Hannah, and Samuel enjoy. The next day, you make camp at the Lakota settlement and are invited to supper. You, Hannah, and Samuel get wildflowers, and Pa brings some fuel for the fire. During the feast, you see a loaf of bear root bread, wild onion stew, and a cake-like thing (which Pa has eaten and says tastes like a sweet potato) made of another root. Roaring Cloud is looking at you, and although you don't want to offend him, you're not used to this kind of food. The options you get are to force yourself to eat this food or to just wait for leftovers. Force yourself to eat the food.
You eat some of the root cake and realize that Pa wasn't kidding when he said that it tastes like a sweet potato! You ask Joseph about the stew, and he says that it's really good. After the meal, you have nuts, berries, and fragrant hot tea for dessert. Afterward, some performers perform some stories for entertainment. The night continues until Samuel nods off and Ma motions that it's time to head back to camp. The next day, you bid farewell to the Lakota and head to Fort Bridger, but when you get there, it's not what you expect! It's a collection of rickety wooden buildings belonging to fur traders. Fortunately, there's a blacksmith shop where Pa buys shoes for the oxen and replaces the cow you lost. That night, you're sleeping in a hut when Archie growls. You start to shush him, but then, you see what made him growl: a big rattlesnake! You are asked whether you want to run away or lie still. Pick the latter option.
You and Archie stay still. Eventually, the rattlesnake slithers into a small hole on the other side of the hut. Archie's barking wakes everyone up, but when they hear of your encounter, they congratulate you for not trying to strike the snake or run. However, no one, least of all you, gets much more sleep, and (even though you aren't sorry to leave Fort Bridger) you're exhausted when the morning bugle sounds. At Bear Lake Vally, you find plenty of firewood and water, but Caleb warns of another obstacle: Big Hill, one of the steepest climbs on the Trail. When you get there, everyone starts wondering how they will get up. Joseph suggests a windlass, and when you ask what that is, he explains the process: you anchor one wagon at the top of the hill, attach ropes to its wheels, attach the other end of the ropes to the rest of the wagons at the bottom of the hill, and then turn the wheel on the windlass like a crank, pulling the wagons up the hill. Some people agree with Joseph's suggestion, but others (nervous about using something with which they're unfamiliar) suggest the slow and steady route. You should go with Joseph's suggestion.
The windlass works (although it takes several hours to get all the wagons up). As everyone has leftover breakfast as a midday snack, you start wondering how you will make it down
the hill. You remember that in Alcove Spring (during the second week of your journey), you used ropes to tie your wheels and make breaks, and it took the strength of all the men to slowly bring the wagons down the hill. Here, you take the same precautions, and the men take the wagons down the hill in a zigzag pattern rather than straight down (but not without some items falling out). For the next few days, it's smooth sailing. Then one afternoon, Samuel says that you're approaching Soda Springs! You marvel at the bizarre landscapes and drink some of the water. After you drink your fill, Ma and Pa let you explore the area with Joseph and Eliza. You hear a high-pitched whistle that Joseph says comes from Steamboat Spring, but Eliza would rather go to the hot springs to soak her feet. Go to Steamboat Spring.
Whereas other springs hiss, Steamboat Spring shoots out a stream of water every fifteen seconds. After camping, you trek four days to Fort Hall, where a fur trader named Henry invites the group to supper. During supper, he says that the most difficult part of the Trail is ahead: the mountains and the Columbia Valley! He suggests going southwest alongside the California Trail. Some people are tempted by Henry's suggestion and want to go to California, but others want to continue the journey to Oregon. The options that you're given are to go to the California Trail or continue on the Oregon Trail. You should continue on the Oregon Trail
although one might instinctively pick that option anyway, given the title of this series
In the end, only three wagons (luckily for you, Caleb's isn't one of them) split off. You hike for three days to the Raft River, a deep and rapid stream leading to the Snake River (and where the families leaving for California turn southwest). On the second day, it starts to rain and doesn't stop until the third. While you search for a spot for camping, you notice that because of all the rain that's fallen over the past two days, the water levels are higher than usual. The scouts pick out a spot, but the ground is muddy and wet. Some people complain, but others want to camp anyway. Ma asks you if you want to camp or look elsewhere. Pick the latter.
You find another spot to camp, but after you eat, your throat begins to feel sore, and so does Samuel's. Ma makes you some hot tea and sends you to bed early. The next morning, your throat is less sore, but you now have a cough, which isn't helped by Samuel (who is doing much better) running around and kicking up dirt. You try to rectify this with a swig from the water-skin, but at night, you start to cough a lot, much to the chagrin of Hannah. You then remember that Caleb has some tonics, but you don't want to wake him up. Your options are to take some of the tonic or just try to sleep without it. Try to sleep without the tonic.
Ma comes to check on you and, upon seeing your situation, wraps you in a blanket and gives you some of the tonic. The next day, you've recovered from your cough, and the train makes its way to the Shoshone Falls. It's a beautiful sight. A couple of days later, you see Shoshone people spearing fish. Pa barters for several large fish and grills them over a campfire that night. The evening gives everyone a nice break, which is important because you're about to approach the hardest part of Snake River: Three Island Crossing! Caleb explains that you have to ford one section of the river (which is about one hundred yards wide) to an island. Then you cross a swift and dangerous branch to another island, and then there's one more part to get across. One man suggests tying the wagons together, stating that the extra weight will make the wagons less likely to tip over or drift downstream. Another man suggests taking the wagons apart and floating them across the river so the animals only have to manage themselves. You now have the option of attaching the wagons together or floating them across. You should attach the wagons together. (This is only your second
-to-last set of choices; floating the wagons across leads to two more choices, but they both lead to bad endings.)
You tie two wagons together and travel in pairs. After two pairs go, your wagon follows. As you go in, things go smoothly until the wagon jerks violently! Ma (who isn't a very good swimmer) falls in, hits her head on a rock, and is knocked unconscious (but thankfully not killed)! Pa manages to fish her out and revive her, and she seems okay. You quickly keep moving and reach the island safely. As you reminisce over your journey, you think of what comes next, but you're now a tried-and-true pioneer. You win (for now)!
Here are two more good endings:
- Pa finds a freshwater spring with clear water. Your family sets up camp and eventually decides that this is a better life than the one on the Trail.
- Pa opens a business with the Shoshone people to help those who have missing animals, want guides, or need food and water.
submitted by Born-NG-1995
to gamebooks [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 17:49 ReVGC Battle Network 3, and me
It took a loooong time but I'm finally able to do my BPT (Bullet point thoughts) on BN3! Keeping the tradition going as I've done for MMBN1 (discussion post here
) and MMBN2(discussion post here
). If you've completed either of these games and want to share/read other discussion points feel free to post a reply to any of these threads, regardless of when
you come across them. Unless I've edited otherwise, I'm still accepting new notifications for these kinds of posts. There is ALOT to talk about here and I honestly am forgetting some things. If you get tired of reading, skip to the bottom for the TLDR.
MMBN3 was probably the game I played the most on GBA. My cousin was randomly playing it on GBA emulator and I was like "hey, that looks like MMBN2!" and the rest was history. I think we eventually had three
GBA carts we played on? Though we interestingly really never got that
far and that's saying something, lol. MMBN3 not only had a postgame, it had a postpostgame!! From 20 years ago! And its postgame itself was already as long as a real game! Soooo much freaking content in this one title and it made sense as it was originally intended to be their Swan Song ... until Capcom said "No, develop MMBN4 ASAP" and then MMBN4 became the highest grossing MMBN title riding off the coattails of BN3's success. ._. But that's neither here nor there for this conversion so without actual further ado, lol:
SPOILER WARNING for MMBN3! I've easily over 150 hours in this entry alone and that's 93% my fault but the other 7% ... I blame the changes. Going to recollect my thoughts and emotions from the beginning as best as I can so there'll be moments of praise and criticism randomly structured together.
TLDR: I think BN3 is overrated and I've a loooot of bones to pick with it.
- the game opens with new scilab which is canonically explained by an investment for renovation, that's fun stuff. As a kid, I never realized that BN1 2 and 3 technically shared that same setting (especially when BN2 called it the Center in the localization for some reason). One of the investors is Chaud's father's company which is nice setup for a later chapter
- The school also returns with an expanded setting in order to set up Flashman's scenario. Honestly? kinda not a fan, the school was already used enough in MMBN1 with its endgame being tied there and going through the comps again was meh to me. And i know it's a kids game but Flashman literally telling Lan and co to die only to hypnotize them to walk around as zombies is .. silly lol. Don't include the die line if you're not trying to kill everyone? Also, why is such an amazing SUPER PROGRAM found in a random elementary school!? we're doing this shit again of hiding massively important programs in ordinary places a la Lan's over from MMBN1?
- I loooved seeing ACDC at night time. Such a great time exploring what you're used to with a totally different atmosphere. The fact that they cut the music really added to the ambiance, and even NPCs changing their dialogue just for that portion was great. Imagine if they had space on the cartridges to do an actual day/night more like they do with Persona, with battle NPCs only available during night time. It'd be really tough to structure but I enjoy thinking about the hypotheticals here
- Net design. MMBN2 nets were better, easily. MMBN3 went back to smaller pathways and felt a little too sterile for my tastes. I get that there's this aesthetic with the highlighted Main ST but MMBN2 didn't need that and the level design very clearly dictated what a Main ST was naturally. It was also a bit weird that some of the cybertrains (which are a dumb concept) took you next to the square in the first place. Those areas were called Beach/Yoka 2, so to go deeper into Beach and Yoka nets, you were going to Beach/Yoka 1. Also, F*CK YOKA. I hated this net so much and hated going back to it over and over. in MMBN2 I loved exploring the net for the sake of exploring, I did not want to do that in MMBN3 because of Nets like Yoka. AND THE GODDAMN PRESS PATHS
- Press is easily one of two--actually three--four biggest demerits for MMBN3 for me. I had Shadow style first (more on that later) and if I wanted to run my fun Shadow exclusive NCPs, along with Sneakrun, along with buster upgrades (which I needed since Shadowstyle can't attack without WeaponLv NCP) I never had room! I basically never used UnderShirt the entire game, because there was never any space. And the Press paths themselves? Holy f*ck, we've regressed to MMBN1, All these labrynthian twists and turns, and the paths are tiny so you spend more time on them and so you run into more battles, lose your bearings, take the wrong turn again, etc. Just awful, awful gameplay design for me. The fact that they put a Press path on the way to the Bugfrag Trader in Secret-3 was one last gutpunch lol. I will say, it was a good way to introduce Cossak as a genius programmer, storywise. Since it was him who modified Lan's PET while his father was out.
- The other biggest demerit? Zenny drops. in MMBN2 when you S-Ranked a navi, you had a 100% chance of a chip drop. In MMBN3, it was reduced to 50%, just like MMBN1. Are you seeing the pattern of regression here? I play my MMBN games with a completionist attitude from the very beginning. I S-Rank everything I can, complete PAs on my way, and hunt Navi chips before the next story event. I hate the idea of leaving things incomplete and having to wait until the very end of the game to go back to things that should have been attainable when accessible. i.e. if I can fight BubblemanV3 and beat him, I should be able to get his V3 chip. It took over 8 hours to get his V3 chip, 2-3 of those hours were spent in actual fights. I S-Ranked him 8x in a row and ZENNYS EVERY F*CKING TIME. The funny part though? I managed to get his V3 chip on a rank 9 kill which has about 3% odds. That's probability for ya. Point is, I shouldn't have to wait to get and run Collect in my Navicust. Collect is an inconvenient solution in search of a manufactured problem.
- The other 5 hours, though? RUNNING AROUND FOR HIM. In MMBN2, Sneakrun was a very simple mechanic that let you find ghost navis easily. In MMBN3, sneakrun unlocks a new tier of enemies to fight which is such an asinine concept. I turned on Sneakrun to find BeastManV3, NOT to find upgraded SpikeyViruses that can't be run away from! That's the ridiculous part, even at 1000 max HP, you can't run from a Mettaur1+Eleball1+Bunny1 encounter in ACDC2 when you've equipped SneakRun looking for FlashmanV3. It's so silly! All it did was lengthen the search process. Another downgrade compared to MMBN2.
- I appreciate that you got the Navicust so early, dungeon 2. I liked Okuden better than Yoka as a whole, though. Also I remember thinking Zoo comp was lame as a kid ... still think it's lame, lol. I dreaded having to come back here every time for later sidequests. Bubbleman's quest was the worst cause it was backtracking everywhere AND having to run Press. Glad I got the Style change I was looking for, at least.
- The whole early game of the N1GP plot, I didn't mind. Honestly, I kinda didn't care for it much, investment wise but it did serve a great way to break up the story. I noticed that in BN1, the storybeats are rapid and fasthitting, just terrorist attack after terrorist attack. In BN2, and now 3, they introduced these "trendy" things Lan and his friends are doing (License exams, N1GP) to serve as almost a palette cleanser before the next terrorist attack and this worked really well for me pacing wise.
- The actual N1GP was a mixed bag. Storywise was a lot of fun, you finally get to see Koetsu in person lmfao. He's been on BBS since BN2, I believe and the whole stakes of people falling (to their deaths...?) blew 10yo me's mind back then. Great way to bring back rematches for Metalman and Gutsman. No shot that Sharkman lost to Kingman, though. ._. I remember Sharkman... Dude was a cheater. Oh I almost forgot the whole plot of Chaud and his father! ...that kinda was like 2 sentences long? His father doesn't like him, Chaud saves him, his father doesn't hate him. Would have loved to see that developed a bit more.
- Hospital chapter. I loved this chapter. the Hospital scenario is easily top tier across all the BN games as far as writing goes. The idea of a life-threatening surgery jeopardizing Lan's new friend, who happens to relate to MegaMan on a fundamental level, is sooo good! Especially when MegaMan goes "if Lan's dead brother were still alive, he'd be proud of you for being brave and accepting the surgery" ,, I minutely got emotional with that. Disclaimer: Though I should add... If Hub died at the age of 1, there's no way in hell he remembers anything from his childhood sooo that's very silly. My headcanon rewrite is that as MegaMan.EXE, he sometimes imagines what his life would have been if he lived past 1 and _that's what he mourns.
- Flameman chapter. Holy fuck, no censor, is Mr. Match VILE. His terrorism and manipulating Lan to help him by taking advantage of his Hero status was super well developed, it flowed seamlessly from the prev Hospital chapter. But to phone Lan and show him video of his father dying and then taunting him for it? That's SO FUCKED UP. Absolutely heinous. There was an earlier thread that dicussed this in detail so I won't go to into it here, just wanted to know how freaking atrocious and irredeemable Match is a BN villain for this chapter. Worst (or best) villain in the series.
- Loved the chapter of Lan exploring his PTSD and guilt for nearly killing his own father. I don't think the game does a good enough job selling that guilt, however, Lan was just doing what he thought was right. Had his father or a scilab employee warned of Match rather than a total stranger, and Lan ignored that warning cause he wanted to show off his heroics to someone else, that would have been a better sell to me. Regardless, the scene of him sitting on his bed and kicking out his friends was great, and having Chaud be the one to snap him out of it was perfection.
- Forgot to mention, the Dex moving away arc was legitimately kind sad, lol. Good way to explain why Lan was so invested in Mamoru though, he wanted to fill that void. Dex coming back to save MegaMan during the Rankings was fun although, again, very silly. You're telling me Gutsman who can't even get his Navicust right can solo Ranks 4, 5, 6 all by himself? Foh lmfao.
- Undernet Rankings, I really enjoyed this! 100% I figured out anything in this game without hints or a guide is because I had some memory of things from 20 years ago. Like when you investigate the Origami in Mamoru's room, it unlocked a memory of me needing that for a plot point later so when I got that hint about birds, it all clicked. I kinda wish Blackmind had a gameplay benefit, though.
- Ugh that reminds me, EnergyChange sucked. Everyone said Freezeman's scenario was bad (and I agree) and that BN3 has it even worse with the Flameman flames and honestly... I didn't think so? I'm not sure why, on paper it seems like it'd be worse but I didnt mind it that much. I think this highlights that the problem with Freezeman's scenario was that it was back and forth between the same exact areas whereas in BN3 the backtracking is at least giving you diversity so it doesn't feel as repeitive.
- GODDAMN BOSSES BEING RELOCATED IS THE WORST THING. This shit was so hard to figure out with a guide and I couldn't do it. Had to jump on discord for hints. There are some navi hints in-game but a lot of them are straight up useless. I shouldn't have re-Jackin to all the comps to see if there are new NPCs giving new hints for ghost Navis. Removing ghosts from the Net is my least favorite BN3 decision and I'm glad the series reverted this call for the later games but it was way too incovenient for my playstyle. Players complain about getting ambushed by the V3 navis, I've a simple solution: Don't beat the v2 Navi then, lol.
- Endgame, I like the idea of a prototype Internet that infected all devices. I don't like the idea of reusing the concept of these superprograms because that's just BN1 rehashed. I like the idea of Tadashi Hikari being digitized away in Alpha and maybe that's the reason Lan's father never had to heart to outright delete Alpha. I don't like the idea that they pussied out of Cossak not dying after his encounter with Bass in the digital world. Basically, lots of hits and misses, but thankfully more hits. It's a shame they never actually used the GigaFreeze program that was hyped. I think they could used that as a lore reason for why MegaMan and Bass were safe after Alpha was defeated, alongside the explanation of being found by Tadashi's digitized memory.
- Ending, man the scenes of Lan trying to move on without MegaMan was great! Loved the maturity and character development that happened there. It was really a great bookend especially from the fakeout in BN1 right before Hub.batch was used.
- Postgame. I'll say it before and I'll say it again, BN3 doesn't just have a postgame, it has a postpostgame. And I freaking love it. SO MUCH CONTENT. My only gripe is that doing this 100% blind is too sysphean a tasks. There were not enough direct hints on where to find remaining V3 virus chips. In typical BN3 fashion, everything was too vague. The bugfrag trader at least helped fill out library holes but that's more a bandaid kind of solution.
- Serenade was unfortunately a little too gimmicky a fight, I wish they had one more move as part of their toolhit. It was fun learning their trick but then the fight got trivial after so I'd end up just refighting them over and over again with new folder ideas. Same with BassGS.
- Postpostgame. this was so much fun! I enjoyed most of the timetrials but they were a bit too easy for me with fastgauge and apprenticefolder and cust style. The only exceptions being Drillman and Darkman, those two were rough. V5 navis were thankfully easily discoverable because they were on the NET and not random comps (unlike some Virus families...). To enjoy my time more, I also gave myself an additional challenge of S-Ranking V5 navis with different folders.
- PvP Gigachip. I got lucky, lol. I got mine 2 battles. ._.
I also think BN3 is peak BN and for now still remains as the one I consider the best.
But BN2 is still my all time favorite.
(We'll see how I feel after I get through Vol2)
submitted by ReVGC
to BattleNetwork [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 17:48 Wasabicookiez QUITTING ADOPT ME SELLING ALL FOR PAYPAL! (Neons, Flying, Shadow Dragon!)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. I am quitting adopt me and selling all my pets. I will ONLY be doing these through Paypal Friends/Family and ONLY using a verified MM mod on the subreddit. YOU MUST COMMENT HERE FIRST! IF YOU DM ME WITHOUT COMMENTING HERE FIRST I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH YOU! I will be giving my pets to the MM and you MUST send me payment directly.
Offers are hesitant but feel free to try anyway. I am willing to give bundle deals for people who buy multiple things!
WILLING TO SELL EVERYTHING LISTED HERE FOR $600 (You get an over $50 discount!)
- NFR Shadow Dragon $250
- M Space Whale $30
- NFR Crocodile $20
- N Evil Dachshund $15
- MFR Pine Martin $10
- NR Kitsune $10
- Fallow Deer $10
- N Goldhorn $10
- FR Crocodile $10 (I have two)
- Space Whale $8
- MR Monkey $8
- N Abyssinian Cat $7
- N Shiba Inu $6
- R Frog $6
- Toucan $6
- Lynx $5
- N Pine Martin $5
- Goat $5 (I have two)
- Giant Blue Scarab $5
- R Lavender Dragon $5
- Baku $5 (I have two)
- FR Dancing Dragon $5
- Phoenix $5
- N Red Fox $5
- Ginger Cat $4 (I have two)
- Golden Rat $3 (I have two)
- Maneki Neko $3
- Royal Corgi $3
- Starfish $3
- Swordfish $3
- Yellow Butterfly $3
- N Dog $3
- Leopard Cat $3 (I have 5)
- Orangutan $3
- Rhino Beetle $3 (I have 3)
- Uplift Butterfly $3
- N Sado Mole $3
- Ghost Wolf $3
- Red Crowned Crain $2
- Badger $2
- Pine Martin $2
- Corgi $2
- Spider Crab $2 (I have four)
- Beaver $2
- Snow Cat $2
- Snowman $2
- Tanuki $2
- 7 Koi Carp $2 (You get all 7)
- Ox $1
- Ant $1 (I have two)
- Cat $1 (I have two)
- Dog $1 (I have 3)
- Dugong $1 (I have 5)
- Mouse $1 (I have 3)
- Otter $1
- Sado Mole $1
- Golden Egg $10
- Woodland Egg $2
- 6 Cracked Eggs (You get all 6) $1
- Pink Cat Headphones $4
- Blue Cat Headphones $3
- Dueling Swords $2
- Rainbow Bucket Hat $2
- Blue Backpack $1
- Pride Wings $1
- Pride Headphones $1
- Pride Glasses $1
- Pride Earrings $1
- Throwing Knife Target $3
- Witches Caravan $2
- Rocket Racer $1
- Hovercraft $1
- Reindeer $2
- Crystal Ball $2
- Egyptian Chariot $2
- 3 Red Wagons $1 (You get all 3)
- Tea Party Set $8
- Pink Cat Balloon $3
- Airplane Propeller $1
- Angelic Propeller $1 (I have two)
- Drone Propeller $1 (I have 3)
- 4 Steel Drum $1 (You get all 4)
- 20 Small Gift $5
- 14 Big Gift $5
- 9 Massive Gift $5
- 7 Regal Chest $4
- 7 Standard Chest $3
- RGB Chest $3 (I have 9)
submitted by Wasabicookiez
to crosstradingroblox [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 17:48 jennprovine have i found my familiar?
hello all! blessed be! i have a question i’m hoping someone may be able to give me some insight on. for a little backround: my family (my daughter, mother, and i) came into some financial troubles and lost our home. we had to move in with some family friends. there’s currently 5 cats and 2 dogs in the house (including our dog we brought when we moved in) all of the cats are inside/outside cats, they come and go as they please, and they pretty much just do their own thing. except for one of them, max. max doesn’t ever even try to go outside, he has no desire to. everyone in the home has told us how max was a totally different cat before we came. apparently, he would hide and would only come out to eat or use the litter box. (for context, we sleep on the sectional in the living room, which is directly attached to the kitchen in an open floor plan sort of layout). when we first got here, max would sit on one of the kitchen chairs and just stare at me ALL DAY. he would get a tiny bit closer each day and just sit and stare at me until eventually, he was up on the couch with us. he initially became close with my daughter. he would lay with her and sleep practically on top of her. then he slowly made his way over to me. now, he’s always by my side, ALWAYS. he’s either laying in my lap, next to me, or behind me. he even comes RUNNING when i call his name and whenever we leave for the store or something, he’s always waiting at the top of the stairs to greet me. everyone was in disbelief of how he was acting, since he was the exact opposite before we got here. he never bonded with anyone, and just wanted to be alone. i truly feel this deep connection with him, so much so that i can’t even put it into words. he knows me so well, like we’ve known each other forever. he knows when i’m upset, even if i don’t outwardly show it, he’ll come plop right in my lap and cuddle with me. he knows when i’m ready for bed, he jumps up on the couch and waits for me to lay down with him. and i know him as well, its like i can almost feel what he’s feeling. also, i feel it’s worth mentioning that living here, i have to hide my craft. considering one of the family members believes anything other than christianity is WRONG. he is a textbook misogynist, homophobe, narcissist. every day since i’ve told him i’m wiccan, he tells me he needs to “save my immortal soul”, continuously tells me how wrong my beliefs are and insults and shames me. he says witchcraft is evil and if he catches me practicing magick in his home (it’s not his home, it’s his mothers. who also happens to be wiccan but hides it from him) he’ll kick us out. so, i’m only able to practice the bare minimum. but, whenever i do, max gets so excited and watches me so intently. i’ve grown up with animals. i’ve had so many pets throughout my life. from dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, reptiles, fish, you name it, i’ve probably owned it. but i’ve never ever had a connection with any of my animals like the one i have with max. it’s so different than any other relationship i’ve had with any other animal. it’s not like a pet-ownemaster relationship, it’s like we’re equals. it’s like our souls knew each other for a long time. so, my question is, do you think max could be my familiar? is it even possible considering he’s technically not even “my” cat? i’d love to hear what you guys think. thanks for taking the time to read my post!
submitted by jennprovine
to WiccaKnowledgeSeekers [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 17:40 Kikimarine Second Dose of Pet Loss
Hi guys, just venting.
My beloved pupper crossed the Rainbow Bridge at the beginning of May. It’s been devastating to say the least. I’ve had my own share of grief in the past, but boy this is beyond comparison. I’ve cried non-stop for 3 days until the emotions suddenly stopped. 2 weeks later, seems like someone in charge of my tear faucet has decided to do their job again. Every single day ends with me sobbing into my comforter, and every part of my body aches from grief. It’s hard.
My usual coping method would be to stay active, keeping my mind occupied and gradually adjusting to the loss. That’s the reason I took my mom to a rescue dog event. We thought we found a good match. An adorable pup with huge hazel eyes and pointy ears. Dad & brother were also charmed. We were excited and adoption trial schedules were decided. I put some doggy treats in my Amazon basket. I made DIY plans for a new doggy bed. I imagined taking him on long walks. I looked up dog names. I was excited for the first time in weeks.
4 days before the trial date (today), mom suddenly bailed. She told me she wasn’t ready. I guess I can’t blame her. Everybody deals with grief in a different way, and losing a companion of 15 years is…really confusing. Like, you still hear his tippy tappy paws? And the new pup deserves a family who wants him wholeheartedly, not as a substitute. So of course I didn’t argue. But it’s hard.
My vision was blurry and fingers were shaking as I texted the cancellation notice. For the past few days, I’ve been looking at the photos of the new pup countless times, and I’ve already gotten quite attached to him. It feels like another dose of pet loss. There’s a dog shaped hole in my heart that’s bleeding fresh. I won’t say this to my mom as she’s had enough, but guys, I really really wanted to give the new pup a home. I hope some kind person will take him in. Rescue center told us that he’s been neglected and chained for 7 years, and it’s heartbreaking. He lives with a volunteer’s family now, but we could’ve given him so much love and a forever home. I probably won’t be able to sleep well tonight.
Wow this got long. Thanks to anyone reading this. Really appreciate this community, venting to strangers on the internet is a good release. Good luck to you all and may all your pups live a long and happy life!
submitted by Kikimarine
to Petloss [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 17:03 sirlupash Background stories and roleplay
Are you gonna roleplay a character with a specific background story or are you just gonna jump in and go with the flow?
Since the d&d experience BG3 will offer us seems mechanically unprecedented for, I hope it'll be also on a mere level of character interpretation and roleplay.
I'm curious to know your Tav's stories, if any.
Here's a couple of concepts I'm considering for my first run (I'll go into details a bit):
- Callya. Human, cleric of Bhaal. A young woman born in a family of cultists, her father was the city guard captain of a small Amn village. Her grandfather's family was tortured and slayed during the siege of Murann. Ogres and orcs slaughtered her grandpa's family and at that cost he managed to flee the siege. Swearing revenge for what he suffered, it was that lucky to meet a Bhaal cultists cell that managed to convey his anger into the practice and worship of murder. With Bhaal's dogmas is how he then raised his son, Callya's father. Settling up in a small village and working in the city guard, he eventually got promoted to lead it. When Callya was 18, she joined the guard too and also took the first steps to become a sworn priestess of Bhaal, following the murderous advice of the cell her family was in contact with. Callya grown up considering murder as a form of art and committed her first one before the Day's Farewell ritual, she washed her hands in a bowl of blood and proceeded to sacrifice the poor man that was abducted. There she felt for the first time the pleasure of committing homicide, she fell in a sort of trance and the cultists around her, sociopaths and not-so-smart hopeless people, considered that as a proof of divine intervention and started revered her as someone directly being under the influence of the God. From then on she would begin her path to become a cleric. Working as a city guard in a small village, it was also quite easy to find new sacrifices every ten day, be it arresting innocent people with false accuses, or even real criminals at times. Blood-hungry, if it wasn't a trivial tavern brawl in which she could slay a drunk or two, it was by planting false evidence and lead some innocent to the gallows. In any case, it was for Bhaal. Callya's intellectual and emotional horizons don't go any farther than her family teachings, the cultist cell chaotic efforts and Bhaal's dogmas. Growing rather aseptic and apathetic, murder and its ritual forms are the only things that excite her anyhow. One day, the cultist cell leader demanded for a unusual sacrifice; yet revered as a young priestess, she still had to prove herself and raise through the ranks, so for whatever reason in their contorted mind, they asked her to sacrifice her cat. There for the first time flickered a glimpse of moral compassion, and Callya refused to that, her pet being the only actual relationship she ever had outside the cult of Bhaal, and probably her only friend, if only had known the meaning of such a word. Things got tense with her family and the cell and at one point it was made clear she had no choice. Not knowing what to do, she decided to flee the village. She wandered for a while until someday, somehow, she was abducted.
(Fun fact: I tried this concept in BG1 once. As per Bhaal's dogma you should murder someone at least every 10 day, so I started murdering NPCs in the wilderness of the first areas. The game then became totally unplayable as Flaming Fist officers would spawn every city transition, slaying my party. I'm actually excited to try this on BG3, as in roleplaying a Bhaal cultist and see where the game will bring her. It's a rather simple character with a banal story, I hypocritically put some don't hurt animals
in a murderous sociopath for I just liked the dissonance, and it adds a bit of depth/possibilities also for future in-game interactions. Or even redemption, who knows. I actually wanted to roleplay a cleric of Cyric I used in many roleplay settings, but sadly we can't pick Cyric as divinity, and I like to follow what the game offers.)
- Dynnara Do'Unna, Lolth-sworn monk from Menzoberranzan. Born in a minor house desperately willing to rise and win the Goddess favor, the family matron along with her sisters decided that Dynnara had no talent and was a threat and an obstacle, for they believed she could never gain Lolth's favor and decided to sacrifice her, hoping that the Spider Queen would notice their faithful acts. They sent her on a suicide mission in the Underdark, Dynnara being a young drow and newly sworn cleric, unaware of the plot behind her back and willing to show herself, went on cluelessly. She wandered a bit, the party she was with was slaughtered in a rather short time and at that point she decided to flee. That's when probably Lolth abandoned her and Dynnara lost her priestess powers. But it seems the Spider Queen decided not to take the sacrifice anyhow and Dynnara didn't die that day. Perhaps it was just a matter of time, like a trapped mouse, but somehow, with no spells and no equipment, she began to learn how to defend herself anew, with her bare hands. She reached the surface, leaving the treacherous Underdark behind. There she ended up being abducted in a rather short time, eventually ending up in a Illithid pod. Before the adventure begins, Dynnara understood she was sent to her own end by her family, despite losing her clerical feats, she still hasn't lost her faith in Lolth nonetheless, being sure she could regain her favor and take revenge over her mother and sisters. She's sure it's Lolth who saved her from her fate, and that the Spider Queen somewhere is amused watching the entertaining possibilities of her being still alive. Yet in a Illithid pod.
(I'll probably go for this as a first run. I've always liked unusual choices, and a female drow monk surely is. I should probably go for warrior instead, but we'll see.)
I'm curious to read your stories and your characters!
submitted by sirlupash
to BaldursGate3 [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 17:02 DeerHunter7770 Am I being verbally abused by my wife?
So I am new to this group. He is some background. I'm 37 years old and recently seperated. My wife and I have a 6 year old son. My wife and I got in a heated argument over Mother's Day and long story short she kicked me out. Im living with my parents for now and she is in our house that we rent. Her and I were married in 2012. Just some background, she comes from a bad childhood full of trauma and divorce. Her mother yells all the time and is verbally abusive. We severed contact with her a couple years ago. My wife's dad is not in the picture either. He was abusive as well. My upbringing was more stable. A mom and stepdad, no fighting. My wife has always struggled to hold a job and I've worked full time since 2005. I've always paid all the bills and let her be a stay at home mom. May of last years she started having pseudo seizures and was diagnosed with ptsd. She disassociates every day. Its been a struggle. She can't drive. I was doing almost all housework so it was a lot. When she was able she'd get on a good streak for a day or two then a week of just in bed all day. We tried several doctors and therapist. 3 week in patient program and even Duke University. She would usually come home resentful not liking what the doctor or therapist said. She stopped treatment and meds and only uses Marijuana now. Which is legal here by the way. Anyway she has always blown up and cussed and yelled. She made me ride horses which I did for years and had a big fear of. Anyway she she called it pushing me to try new things but I thought it was bullying. Now when we talk she will bring up all the wrong things i said and did and there are many. If I try to defend my self she says I'm gaslighting her by bringing up the past but she never stops talking about the past. I feel like I can't defend myself. Her relationship with my family is trashed from drama as well. As an example this past Saturday we took my son to mcdonalds to eat and a pet store. I stated I needed to be back by 6:30 for a dinner as it was a special occasion. It was fine. Then the next day she goes off on me for not being invested in her and my son and putting my parents first. Then I drove her to Walmart to get her groceries because she doesn't drive. I loaded them all and unloaded them and left. She said you should have hung out you didn't even try to have sex or anything? What we are seperated I was trying to give you space. One day I get a text saying we need time apart to grow and the next I get I love you and want you. She says I left but I was kicked out. I asked to stay she said no. She literally told my mom she had lost 250 lbs because she could have me back. I've been called weak and dense. I've always paid all the bills, bought a pool, built a pool deck, vehicles and tried to drive her to doctors, cooked meals, washed clothes. Held her and told her I loved her and it'd be okay. Anytime she yelled and cussed I'd just take it. I still love her
submitted by DeerHunter7770
to verbalabuse [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:46 SuddenSpecialist198 Letting go
Honestly I’ve always struggled with this, maybe it’s part of hating losing things, friends,family,lovers but I really get wrapped up in it I can’t accept certain shit and move forward and I’ve lost so much in life not to say others haven’t but I’m so tired of feeling this way I can’t and it personally makes me feel like I never be able to love someone truly or enjoy a pet or try to make new friends because Ik that the time frame is limited and I’d just rather not get hurt by the loss, I’m not necessarily suicidal but it’s truly a weight that I bare on my shoulders that I can’t shake fuck I cant even finish a tv show or certain books because I’m too vested in the story I wonder if I’m alone in this thought process
submitted by SuddenSpecialist198
to TrueOffMyChest [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:38 hipphipphan I'm scrapping my old car today and I feel so sad about it
I drove a light blue 1997 Rav4 from when I was 16 to 25. I bought a brand new car at 25 because the Rav was getting worse and worse. The AC broke years priors, the brakes were scarily weak, the driver's side door didn't open all the way because I hit a mailbox one time and dented the door. The previous owners had installed a CD player (it came with a cassette player lol), but that broke when I was still in high school. I had a little cassette adapter that I used to play music from my phone.
But I fucking love that car. Even before it was mine, it was my sister's first car, my brother's first car. My sister used to drive me to middle school in it and my brother drove me to high school in it. I drove myself to high school in it. I moved to college in it. I did so many things in that car. It had like 270000 miles. And it was the cutest color ever.
I drive a Hyundai Kona now and I love it too, it's a great car. But it doesn't have the spunk that the Rav did lol.
I feel so overly sentimental about getting rid of it. No one else in my family cares at all lol but I guess everyone else only drove it for a couple years, while it was my primary mode of transportation for over a decade.
Anyone else get sentimental about their crappy old cars?
submitted by hipphipphan
to CasualConversation [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:33 Throwaway29479201 Getting rid of budgie
Ok so I wrote this on a throw away cuz god knows how many down votes I’m going to get. But I need guidance and help on my pet budgie. I simply do not want him anymore, the constant screeching, mess and biting. My mum is getting completely fed up and my dad has been manhandling and telling the budgie off physically when it screeches. I know it’s bad and I tell him not to do this. The budgie is beyond repair now and I think it’s happier for my whole family if we just get rid of him. The problem is there is I have no clue what to do. I don’t live in a country where the life of birds is really taken seriously. I do not like the bird anymore but I’m not going to be abusive to it like my parents. (They want to set it free or put it down). I simply want it gone. It’s probably only a few years old and it doesn’t deserve to die. Please help me out
I should add that the budgie hasn’t left the cage about 2 years (we’ve had him 4 and a half). It was fine the first couple but once school got busy dad started screaming and smacking it when it made noise and put it in the basement. I still feed it and change its water everyday but it’s cage is filthy and tiny I just am starting to feel very bad for it.
submitted by Throwaway29479201
to budgies [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:33 LycheePlus Looking for small breed recs
Will this be your first dog? If not, what experience do you have owning/training dogs?
This will be my first dog as an adult where I will be the one training and mainly caring for said dog. However I grew up with boxers but never trained them, really only walked, fed and played. Just normal kid dog responsibilities.
Do you have a preference for rescuing a dog vs. going through a reputable breeder?
I prefer to go through a reputable breeder.
Describe your ideal dog.
My ideal dog would be a small breed dog that would be somewhat easily trainable as someone who would be training a dog for the first time but is willing to put in the time. A family dog that would be good around cats and eventually small children. I would also like a dog that would be snuggly.
What breeds or types of dogs are you interested in and why?
I really dont have any breeds I have a strong preference for other than I like the way poodles look but Im looking for a dog that will fit well into my family not one that looks pretty.
What sorts of things would you like to train your dog to do?
I would like to do the basics like leash training, not to jump or lick people, not to bark at every little thing, not that I dont want them to ever bark just dont want them sitting at the window barking at people. Maybe more as I do more research.
Do you want to compete with your dog in a sport (e.g. agility, obedience, rally) or use your dog for a form of work (e.g. hunting, herding, livestock guarding)? If so, how much experience do you have with this work/sport?
No I do not.
7) How long do you want to devote to training, playing with, or otherwise interacting with your dog each day?
About two hours a day I would be able to dedicate to training.
8) How long can you exercise your dog each day, on average? What sorts of exercise are you planning to give your dog regularly and does that include using a dog park?
Everyday I would be able to take the dog on 2 thirty minute walks with things like the dog park being once or twice a week.
9) How much regular brushing are you willing to do? Are you open to trimming hair, cleaning ears, or doing other grooming at home? If not, would you be willing to pay a professional to do it regularly?
I am willing to do brushing a few times a week. I plan on doing all the grooming at home like nails, ears and trimming.
10) What size dog are you looking for?
A small lap sized dog. Probably something under 25lbs.
11) How much shedding, barking, and slobber can you handle?
I can deal with shedding, some barking like a few barks when new people enter the home but be able to be trained to stop and not become excessive. Minimum slobber.
12) How important is being able to let your dog off-leash in an unfenced area?
Not super important, however I would like to train my dog to be recalled if for whatever reason they get off leash.
Dog Personality and Behavior
13) Do you want a snuggly dog or one that prefers some personal space?
A snuggly dog
14) Would you prefer a dog that wants to do its own thing or one that’s more eager-to-please?
A dog thats somewhere in the middle, I want a dog thats happy to be with its owner but doesnt need to be glue to their side 24/7 and can handle being on their own for a couple hours at a time.
15) How would you prefer your dog to respond to someone knocking on the door or entering your yard? How would you prefer your dog to greet strangers or visitors?
I would like for them to be alert but not aggressive. I would like for my dog not to jump on visitors but still friendly.
16) Are you willing to manage a dog that is aggressive to other dogs?
Depends on the aggression level. I would be able to care for a dog who couldnt live with other dogs but wouldnt be able to care for a dog who cant even go for a walk if theres a dog on the other side of the street.
17) Are there any other behaviors you can’t deal with or want to avoid?
Theres not any I can think of.
18) How often and how long will the dog be left alone?
No more than a couple hours a day maybe up to six hours once a week.
19) What are the dog-related preferences of other people in the house and what will be their involvement in caring for the dog?
My partner's preferences are the same as mine, probably wont have much of a hand in training but will walk the dog/ clean up after dog when Im sick or those first months after we eventually have children. It will be "my" dog so to speak but they will probably play with them sometimes.
20) Do you have other pets or are you planning on having other pets? What breed or type of animal are they?
I have a few cats, one of them can be a little rowdy so a dog that could handle a cat that still plays like a kitten is preferred. I have no plans for any other pets.
21) Will the dog be interacting with children regularly?
Eventually, I dont have any children now but plan on starting in a few years.
22) Do you rent or plan to rent in the future? If applicable, what breed or weight restrictions are on your current lease?
My partner owns our current home. We do plan on moving to washington state in a couple years and may rent for about 1 year.
23) What city or country do you live in and are you aware of any laws banning certain breeds?
I live in florida and any banned breeds are all dogs that would be too big.
24) What is the average temperature of a typical summer and winter day where you live?
It typically ranges from 70 to 90 degrees but I plan on moving to washington state where theres more variety in temperatures.
Additional Information and Questions
25) Please provide any additional information you feel may be relevant.
I plan on adopting a dog in a couple years and am just not starting my research on best dog training and caretaking practices so if you have any book/youtube recs then I'll take those as well.
26) Feel free to ask any questions below.
submitted by LycheePlus
to dogs [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:29 magic_dragon1611 Maelor I - The Grand Feast of Kings Landing
Kings Landing has never been described as a beautiful city, even at its best, and this certainly was its best. Targaryen banners hung from the streets, and bread and flowers had been doled out to the populace of the city. Partially to celebrate the ascension of Aegon to Prince of Dragonstone, partially to combat the stench and restlessness of Kings Landing. A team of street cleaners had been instituted as well, scrubbing Flea Bottom of the shit it was known to hold, and spreading throughout the city, a perhaps futile effort to make the place look presentable.
Nobles from across the realm had come and gathered in the dragon pit ushered in by Septons and watched by guards swathed in black and red. They were herded into a partially repaired dragonpit, the rubble and debris having long since been cleared away, and the great bronze dome abandoned in place for an open glass skylight that let the sun bear down on those in attendance.
The royal family and the hand stood on a raised stone platform, high above the realm with Aegon standing in the middle of them all. Looking over the crowd Maelor couldn’t help but admit his own surprise at how many had turned up for the ceremony. Black and Green alike were in attendance, and even the Dragonpit looked fit to burst due to how many had attended.
As the ceremony began the Septon gave a long winded speech, during which Maelor was barely able to keep still as the man waxed poetic about the virtue of kings, and mourned the loss of Prince Daeron and Queen Bethany. Maelor had to bite his tongue during that bit, he’d preferred to leave his kin out of tonight’s festivities, tonight of all nights he’d hoped to not think about Bethany, about his lost love and fallen son, both taken well before their time.
The King's eyes rested on Aegon, the boy he’d raised, the son he’d grown to be from the boy he’d taken from the sands of Dorne. There was love for him, in his heart, and oft times Maelor had wondered where he’d be if he’d ever heeded the advice of William Baratheon and thrown the boy into the Blackwater. Worse perhaps, a bitter man still searching for a way to douse his fury, a man who was looking at the end of his line, with few options to preserve it. He shook the thoughts out of his head, turning his attention back toward the ceremony.
After what felt like years the Septon turned around and produced a slender coronet: a simple band of red gold unadorned and unremarkable, but still a fine thing, fit for royalty. Maelor had designed it himself, thinking that Aegon would’ve preferred something more to his taste, not too audacious and better than the black iron coronet that Maelor himself had worn as Crown Prince. As the Septon finished his ramble, he gently placed the crown atop the Crown Prince's head, and Aegon rose as the herald proclaimed him.
“Aegon Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone, Heir to the Iron Throne!” The herald's voice bounced off the walls of the ruined castle, and he was met with a thundering reply from those assembled.
The Great Hall of the Red Keep
After the ceremony the nobility of Westeros filed into the great hall for the feast, with Maelor accompanied by his White Cloaks and the royal family, with the small council following closely behind. Seating for the feast was quicker than expected, and almost immediately drinks and food began flowing freely among the guests, though the air was heavy with the tension of a hundred different grudges left over from a twenty year old war.
The high table was sparse compared to earlier years, with Maelor in the middle, Aerea on his left and Daena next to her. On his right was William Baratheon, his strong right hand, seated between him and Aegon who sat on the end of the table. Maelor was dressed simply, in a black tunic and pants, swathed in a fine cape of crimson pinned by a dragon of red gold. The Crown of the Conqueror sat atop his head, fine rubies and valyrian steel heavier than he remembered; *Blackfyre* hung from his waist, its familiar weight a comfort to him.
Standing from his seat Maelor cleared his throat as the room quieted, and put on a small smile, looking over the crowd once before speaking.
“Thank you all for coming, truly, it has been so long since I’ve seen the Red Keep so lively, my own daughter can attest that she’s not seen me so rife with worry. Seven know finding enough food to feed you all was the hardest my hand had let me work in years.” Aegon took a breath and prepared for what he was to say next.
“I know many of you have your reservations about Rhaenyra’s descendants, the Black Line, the Tainted Line, unfit to rule a kitchen much less a kingdom. This will not stand. Prince Aegon will wed Aerea when she comes of age, and will sit the throne after me, this is what I have decreed, and this is how it shall be for now.” He could see the surprise on the faces of a few of those gathered and the anger at others.
“Failing that, should the worst happen, I’ve made another choice as to the future of the realm. You are all aware that my own wife was lost to sickness three years ago, I loved the Queen, and there shall never be another like her. But there shall be another Queen. I will take a new wife, a new queen that will bear my children, and stand by my side during the coming years.”
“I have made no choice, and not yet considered any candidates, I’d hoped to marry for love as I did once before instead of haggling like cheesemongers.” He smiled then, a small thing that he hoped would take the tension out of the room.
Whatever reaction was to be had would be silenced with a raised hand, and once again Maelor would look over the assembled crowd. “Now, enough of politics, enough of old grudges and hard words. There is a feast to be had, drinks to be downed, and plenty of food to be eaten.”
“Music!” The band began to play with a vigor, jumping into their craft with peerless skill. “Go now, tonight we drink, tomorrow the finest of the realm will joust and fight for the honor to name a Queen of Love and Beauty. Enjoy the night, and may it last long.” With that Maelor sat down, and took a cup in his hand while rubbing at his eyes.
“Seven fucking hells.”
submitted by magic_dragon1611
to FieldOfFire [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:25 Neateducks Any NEETs in abusive households?
I just want to know if I'm not alone. I've had friends and therapists alike tell me my situation was bad. Most of the family I've lived with was like this, with the only exception being my kind grandfather. Actually my current situation isn't even the worst one. At least I'm not getting hit or locked in the house.
I've been in and out of NEETdom. From useless and paralyzed to overworking/schooling to the point of almost roping. Right now I'm on summer break looking for a job. I need the savings badly but I also need to get out of this house.
Right now I do all the housework, pet care, lawn work, errands. I slowly started becoming the cook but purposely stopped cooking out of spite. I'm expected to drop what I'm doing at any time. I'm told I'm appreciated because everyone in the house is disabled to a degree and can't do it, but when I ask not to be called names or get angry when someone is openly mean I'm told I'm disrespectful and should leave.
I'm so tired. I'm expected to bear all this with a smile but I don't want to anymore.
submitted by Neateducks
to NEET [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:16 SapphicSaionji TIFU by Making GF's Mom Think our Sick Dog is Sick Again
Luckily this one isn't too bad of a fuck-up, but basically, here's what happened:
Recently, the family dog, Chainsaw (actually a very sweet little pomeranian), got sick with pancreatitis. He's expected to be fine as long as he takes his medication, which we've been giving him every day. My girlfriend's mom especially loves that dog, who's getting up there in years (he's about 13 afaik). She calls him her baby and spoils him rotten, and she's been helping him out now that he's sick, as he's been more lethargic while he recovers.
Well, I recently decided to play around in The Sims 4 and make a little household with myself, my girlfriend, and Chainsaw, as well as our other pet, Rocket Launcher (yes, these are their real names. Both of them are very friendly animals).
I was sitting on the couch with my girlfriend and playing the game while her mom was nearby in the kitchen. Suddenly, Chainsaw (in the game) turned blue, and I realized he was sick and that my sim would have to take him to the vet.
I turned to my girlfriend and, without really thinking, said something to the effect of "Oh no, Chainsaw is sick again! :(" as he'd recently been sick in the game. Older pets are very prone to illness ingame.
My girlfriend's mom lets out a horrified "WHAT?!" and I realize that she has no idea I'm playing a game with a fictional version of our family dog. She looks genuinely terrified and I feel awful.
I rush to explain to her what's going on, and she's luckily very relieved and understanding, but I honestly still feel like kind of a jerk for making her get so scared over the thought that our already sick family dog was either sick again or getting worse. I'm gonna try to be more careful with that in the future.
TL;DR: Family dog got sick. Happened to be playing The Sims 4 with a fictional version of the dog who got sick, made gf's mom think he was sick again / getting sicker.
submitted by SapphicSaionji
to tifu [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:09 starrydepths Severe lack of apartment rentals in St. John's, any tips?
We've been looking for a two bedroom on or near the east end of St. John's for months. Myself, my wife and our child have moved back home from the US after record breaking gang violence in the state we were in. We've been staying with family and have saved enough to get out and remain stable but there's pretty much nothing. We only see posts all day of people in dire need of a place as well.
Our current daily refresh involves: Northview, Killam, Metro, Facebook, Kijiji and Classifieds. Apartment buildings are booked up, we tried housing but made one small error on the application so they scrapped it and made us start over months in, and they were estimating a 6-12 month wait anyways. Everything we see listed is in Mount Pearl or Paradise, basement, over $1200, or zero pets. Even ignoring the pricing and pets, there's still hardly anything out there day after day.
We've never seen anything quite this bad and it's clear this is a horrible time for us to search but we can't really help our situation. It makes me wonder about the hundreds of people who are in the same boat currently. NL has welcomed thousands of new faces in the past 3 years but there are no new apartment projects, little talk of immediate plans or bandaid short-term solutions to curb this crisis.
It's demoralizing. Are there any property management sites/groups we may have missed? 😩
submitted by starrydepths
to newfoundland [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:07 mudblud99 had to drop off my puppy at the vet. I know he’s in great care, but I’m still just so scared
First time dog owner, but I’ve had plenty of family pets and looked after others’ fur babies before too so I totally get the nerves of leaving your pup but DAMN it’s hitting me so hard. My 7 month old Cav started having some GI issues last week & the vet advised monitoring over the long weekend. Well we went to the emergency vet on Sunday and he started getting better but then has had a different, but similar GI issue since. His vet was out yesterday, but didn’t have any official Appt slots today so I just had to drop my little baby off and maybe I’ve just read too many horror stories on here, but I am just SO scared. I know my pup hasn’t been in my life for long, but the day I brought him home I found out two hours later that one of my friends was killed by a drunk driver and then that one of my former college professors passed from cancer. He gave me so much love that day and has just been my best friend and best boy since, even through a terrible breakup. I know realistically that he’ll be okay and the scary things I keep reading online are more issues with older dogs and I already know he’s negative for parvo. He literally probably just licked a stupid frog or something. His vet’s office is amazing and they all genuinely love him so much there. I just can’t help but want to cry when I think about leaving him there alone anyway though 😭
submitted by mudblud99
to dogs [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 16:03 Other-Cantaloupe4765 MegaKaren: The Entitled Witch Who Screamed At Me About “Her Rights,” Insulted Me, And Then Started Recording Me When I Told Her To Get Out
This one’s a doozy. Buckle up. It’s going to be a looong story, but it’s worth the read. We’ll call the woman “Karen” and her husband “Kent.” Let me just give you a mental image of these people. Kent looks like the average middle-aged guy. T-Shirt, Jeans, Old tennis shoes. Karen is the pinnacle of all that’s ever been categorized as a Karen. Her foundation was way too dark and orange for her skin tone. Her hair was thin and bleached blonde, and she had some kind of “crackhead pigtails” thing going on. She obviously had done Botox and gotten a LOT of fillers in her cheeks. She’s also middle-aged. Kind of like Dolly Parton’s face except a bit narrower and with Donald Trump’s complexion (ie caked in orange foundation) and hair color.
Okay. I’d already dealt with one entitled woman who yelled at me during that shift, so I wasn’t having the greatest day, but I was just taking it in stride. Until Karen and her husband Kent came in.
Kent was the one who came to the desk. He was a walk-in, and it was Memorial Day weekend with 3 rooms left to sell. One double room on the first floor and two suites on the upper floor. Kent talked over me and opted for the double, which was $10 cheaper than a suite, but it was also a pet room on the ground floor (our pet friendly floor, while 2 and 3 were pet-free). I tried to tell him all the standard stuff, but he was like “yeah yeah I just want the room,” and wouldn’t listen, so whatever. Here’s your key.
He goes to his room with Karen, and everything is great. For about 20 minutes. Kent comes back out and says he can hear someone’s dog occasionally barking. Okay, I get it, listening to a barking dog is annoying af. People aren’t supposed to leave their pets in the room alone anyway. I apologized and said I’d call the guest and see what I could do. I offered to move him to another room on the upper floors, and he said, “no, we’re not moving. We shouldn’t have to. People with dogs should have to move.”
“Er, everyone has dogs down that hallway.”
“Can’t you move them all to the other end of the hall?”
For a second, I thought he was joking. No. He was not. Holy entitled, Batman. No, no I can’t. And I won’t.
I told him I’d do what I could to get ahold of the guest who owned the dog. He went back to his room. And came out five minutes later to ask if I’d done anything (mind you the dog had stopped barking at this point). I said I couldn’t get ahold of the guest, and I again offered him another room. He said, “no, I told you we’re not moving. They have to move.”
Ugh. Whatever. He goes back to his room. 15 minutes later, he comes back out with Karen. Karen says, “okay, this is ridiculous. We didn’t pay to hear someone’s dog moving around and making noise. You need to tell people that there are dogs in here.”
“It’s a pet friendly hotel.”
“Well you need to tell people that.”
“It’s on the big sign outside, it’s on our website, there are signs about dogs on the walls around the hotel, and it was written on the paper you signed and initialed when you checked in.”
“Well they shouldn’t be prioritized over people.”
She stared at me like she was waiting for me to say something, but idfk what she expected me to say. I just shrugged and said, “it’s a pet friendly hotel.”
“OKAY, but we’re PEOPLE and we PAID TO STAY HERE.”
“So did the guests with pets??? They paid for a room and paid the pet fee to stay here!”
“WE HAVE RIGHTS, AND WE ARE YOUR PRIORITY- NOT PEOPLE WITH DOGS. PEOPLE ARE PRIORITIZED OVER ANIMALS.”
“Yeah well, pet owners have rights too.”
“Aren’t you a snobby fucking BITCH. Getting smart-mouthed with me like you’re not supposed to be prioritizing us over animals. You can stop with the smart-mouthed bitchy attitude right now.”
“And you can leave. Now.”
Omg the look that flashed across her face as she spluttered in surprise for a second was priceless.
“No. We aren’t leaving.”
“Get out. Now.”
“No, give us the other room.”
“No. Get OUT. NOW.”
“But you just offered us another room!”
“I did. And then you got nasty and started screaming and insulting me, so now I’m telling you to leave. Go.”
“NO, YOU’RE GOING TO GIVE US THE OTHER ROOM.”
“If you don’t leave, I will call the police and have you escorted off the property.”
And then… fuck, this is the part that makes me so fucking pissed I swear my soul momentarily left my body to make room for the sheer rage that coursed through me.
This bitch whipped out her phone to record me. Which is illegal in my state.
“Give us the room.”
“Get out. Are you recording me?”
“Yes! That’s what you get when you’re a snobby little BITCH.”
She was so happy with herself, like she’s some kind of fucking genius dealing out some groundbreaking vigilante justice to her cruel oppressors.
“I can call my manager or call the cops. Pick one or get out.”
At that point, Karen went fucking berserk and just started screaming and screeching until her orange face turned red. Screaming about how they should be prioritized and I’m such a fucking bitch smart-mouthed snotty snobby asshole and they were getting that room blah blah blah. Tons of insults and shit.
My brain was kind of like “yeah fuck this shit,” so I was standing behind the desk calmly and sarcastically saying, “yep. Uh huh. Uh huh. Sure. Yep.” As she was screaming at me.
I reiterated her choices. She demanded my name and my manager (what a surprising turn of events). I cheerfully said, “I’ll write it down for you!” But that didn’t stop her from demanding I tell her my name a million times. My guess is she wanted me to say it on video. Kent told me to “go call your manager.”
I went back to the office, shut the door, called my manager, and just burst into tears as soon as she picked up. All the stress and emotion I’d held in to keep it together just came out behind closed doors. I said I needed her to come in. I could barely explain why. Just “there are these two CUNTS at the desk screaming at me and recording.”
“Okay okay, it’s okay, let me get dressed and I’ll be right in.”
I tried to stop crying and pull it together before opening the door. I stopped for a second and heard Karen telling another family that came in what a total bitch I was. I opened the door and said, “okay she’s on her way, have a seat.”
“When will she be here”
“Soon, have a seat.”
“We are not going any-“
“I SAID, HAVE. A. SEAT.”
She stopped talking and jerked her head back and said, “you really do have a snobby, bitchy attitude problem, don’t you.”
They went back to their room. The family that witnessed the tail end of it just looked at me like I was a piece of shit whenever they saw me for the rest of their stay.
My manager came in, and I was just in hysterics. Crying and couldn’t breathe to tell her what happened. I managed to grind out the beginning of it before Karen comes out to the desk.
“Your EMPLOYEE refused us a room.”
“Really? Because from what I heard, you refused a room that she offered to you.”
“But then we wanted it and she said no”
“That’s what happens when you yell at my front desk agents.”
“SHE was yelling at US. I have a VIDEO.”
“Yes, she said you were recording her, which I’m not okay with. I don’t care if you have a video.”
“Why don’t you come around the desk to talk to us.”
“No. Talk to me across the desk.”
“You’re being very rude- just come around the desk to talk to us”
“This desk is between us for my protection. I don’t know what you’ll do.”
Karen huffed and shoved her phone in the manager’s face to show her the video. I was back in the office, but from what I heard, the face she made when she realized she hadn’t actually been recording the entire time and only got about 30 seconds where she’s yelling and I’m saying “yep uh huh…”. It must’ve been fucking priceless.
My manager eventually gave them another room, which I was pissed af about. Why reward them for their bad behavior? This is why they act this way in the first place- nobody tells them no. Karen was a total cunt- why does she get to stay??
At least my manager told them that they were not to bother me, not to speak to me, not to harass me like that. You can have the room, but you don’t bother my front desk agent again. They kept their side of it, apparently. My manager hung around until they were in the new room and my Ativan was kicking in. I didn’t hear another word from them, didn’t see them again, for the rest of the night.
But they needed some kind of slap on the wrist out of the ordeal at the very least. I was pissed they were staying. So before I went home, I set up a few wake-up calls for their room. 2am, 3am, and 4am. I’m told she didn’t say a thing about it.
submitted by Other-Cantaloupe4765
to TalesFromTheFrontDesk [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 15:57 pretty-late-machine I have some questions (first time playing TS2 since middle school... and first time ever using the premade families)
Middle school was a long time ago, btw lol
I have meetme2theriver's clean templates installed and plan to use Pleasantview as my main hood and add on a couple of subhoods.
- I want to replace the EA residential lots. I assume you move the existing families out, bulldoze the lot, then replace it? I know there's some rigamarole with sims2packs; not really concerned about this right now. But my question is, will scripted events still trigger after replacing the lots/moving the families out? Should I just play through those and then edit the lots? I feel like it wouldn't work because they rely on certain objects, but maybe lots that are created specifically as replacements for those lots could work (for instance, redesigned Goth mansion)?
- Is it okay/possible to just delete certain families that I don't like? For instance, if I only want to play one family in a subhood and leave the rest as open real estate.
- Is it okay to have the Pets expansion disabled and use the meetme2theriver defaults? I tend to just be a "go with the flow" player, but having pets enabled forces me to be a perfectionist min-maxer because I can't let anything bad happen to the animals. Like, if I install a lot containing Pets content, do I just have to check it for weird replacements/missing objects like in other games?
I guess I could figure all this out with experimentation, but D4 Early Access starts tomorrow, and I don't have a lot of time. 🤣
submitted by pretty-late-machine
to sims2 [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 15:32 Good_Combination2209 aita for blocking my mom for giving away my cats without permission?
i (f 15) owned 4 cats, & lived with my mom, when i got accepted into college (currently studying business) & later moved to my dads house since he could drop me off & my dads house was much closer. everything was fine & i would visit 2-3 times a week to clean the litter boxes, my mom would give my cats food & water, overall it was working pretty well & they were happy & healthy.
one day me and my mom got into a fight which i wont deny was completely my fault. i still came by to clean the litter boxes but my mom & i were still annoyed at each other, anyways, my mom decides to go visit family in my home country and tells me that our dog & cats have all gone to pet hotels. once she comes back i ask her when the cats are coming back since our dog was back but the cats werent, she said that they were still at the hotel since she needed to “organize” some things & i left it at that.
after some time i asked her again & she said the same thing, this time i was having doubts because pet hotels are very expensive & i highly doubt she had the money to afford 27 usd per cat per day for a month & 2 weeks (she was out of the country for a month). i kept asking her & pressing on the subject until she admitted that she gave them away. now i know i couldve reacted more calmly but they meant a lot to me. which is why i completely lost it & started yelling at her. obviously we got into a massive fight & i went back to my dads house. i told my dad & all he said was “theyre just cats, you can get other ones its not a big deal” which just made me even more mad. i blocked her the morning after & shes been trying to contact me through my dad & putting all the blame on me. her reasoning for giving all 4 cats away was “they were annoying and you had to learn a lesson”. that was the last time ive spoken to her so far. so aita?
edit: 1- she was open to the idea of me moving & encouraged it so i can be closer to my college 👍🏻 2- there were 5 litter boxes so 2-3 times a week was frequent enough 3- money was not the problem, we are well off thankfully
edit again: the “fence” is a solid wall that is too high for them to jump. they were allowed to come in/out as they please (unless it was nighttime)
submitted by Good_Combination2209
to AITAH [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 15:26 gigibuffoon Is pet-sitting exchange a thing? Would it be a viable community?
My wife and I are both immigrants and have no family of our own, except a dog and a cat. We also love traveling. Thing is, boarding the pets every time we are off on vacation to our home countries is super expensive (~60 a night at minimum per animal). Of course we plan for it financially but I've been thinking that it would be great if there exists a community that does pet-sitting exchange (not free). Like if family 1 has a dog and leaves the dog with family 2 when on vacation, then when family 2 goes on vacation, they can leave their dog with family 3 and when family 3 goes on vacation, they leave the dog with family 1 and so on. I've been on communities that does similar community level exchanges and it worked out great for everyone involved and wonder it would be a great way to save money for people who have pets that they can't bring on vacations but don't always have family that can watch the pets for them
submitted by gigibuffoon
to NoStupidQuestions [link] [comments]